Author Topic: Simple needs...  (Read 5057 times)

Offline Dave Bezaire

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Simple needs...
« on: March 19, 2007, 06:48:31 PM »
Greetings,

My needs are simple compared to most of the posts I see here from pros, but there is one key thing I'm looking for. Does Photo Mechanic allow shared access to a store of photos and associated meta information from multiple networked computers?

My wife and I collect about 5000 photos on a typical 3-week mission trip. We store them on our laptop and use ACDSee to rate and categorize them. When we get home, I primarily use my desktop computer to build presentations and web pages with the photos. It's easy to see the photos across the LAN, but the ACDSee database is not accessible.

Would Photo Mechanic work better?

Thanks,

Dave

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Simple needs...
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 07:58:36 PM »
Dave,

My needs are simple compared to most of the posts I see here from pros, but there is one key thing I'm looking for. Does Photo Mechanic allow shared access to a store of photos and associated meta information from multiple networked computers?

My wife and I collect about 5000 photos on a typical 3-week mission trip. We store them on our laptop and use ACDSee to rate and categorize them. When we get home, I primarily use my desktop computer to build presentations and web pages with the photos. It's easy to see the photos across the LAN, but the ACDSee database is not accessible.

Would Photo Mechanic work better?

Photo Mechanic does not currently have a database.  You would just browse the folders on your server directly.

There is a 20 day free trial period demo.  Download it and give it a try.

-Kirk