Author Topic: Export / Import Problems  (Read 3028 times)

Offline Rguzmanphoto

• View Profile
Export / Import Problems
« on: September 17, 2018, 08:47:34 AM »
Not sure if this has come up before, did a search did not find.

Using current Version 5.0, build 19695 (4a8c3fe) Macbook Pro and Mac Mini, High Sierra 10.13.6 on both systems

Exporting preference is taking along time to create (3-4min). Importing takes longer or just get spinning ball and have to force quit. I make changes to Ingest Dialogs and IPTC Stationary Pads usually on MacMini and create export file on external drive and import to MacBook Pro. Only noticed this since sports season started back up, and I don't remember having this problem last season.

Thanks
For all you guys do

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Export / Import Problems
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 09:27:05 AM »
Not sure if this has come up before, did a search did not find.

Using current Version 5.0, build 19695 (4a8c3fe) Macbook Pro and Mac Mini, High Sierra 10.13.6 on both systems

Exporting preference is taking along time to create (3-4min). Importing takes longer or just get spinning ball and have to force quit. I make changes to Ingest Dialogs and IPTC Stationary Pads usually on MacMini and create export file on external drive and import to MacBook Pro. Only noticed this since sports season started back up, and I don't remember having this problem last season.

Is it taking a long time for the Export dialog to appear?  Or is it just the phase where you have chosen a file to export to and the export itself is taking a long time?

If it isn't taking a long time to interact with the export dialog then I suggest selecting only the items that you want to export.  If you only export the exact set of items, does the export speed improve?

-Kirk

Offline Rguzmanphoto

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 10:55:30 AM »
"Is it taking a long time for the Export dialog to appear?"

Box comes right up. All files are selected are selected for export.

"If it isn't taking a long time to interact with the export dialog then I suggest selecting only the items that you want to export"

I tried selecting 1 and it exported and imported with no problems.
The problem comes into play when I have to export several IPTC Pads and Ingest Snapshots and there is no way to select the ones I need. I can do individual export/import but that is time consuming, if there were a ticker box to select item that would work.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2018, 11:26:25 AM »

"If it isn't taking a long time to interact with the export dialog then I suggest selecting only the items that you want to export"

The problem comes into play when I have to export several IPTC Pads and Ingest Snapshots and there is no way to select the ones I need. I can do individual export/import but that is time consuming, if there were a ticker box to select item that would work.

If you select only the options to export the IPTC Stationery Pads and the Ingest snapshots, even then the operation is slow?  Do you have thousands of IPTC Stationery Pads and Ingest snapshots?

-Kirk

Offline Rguzmanphoto

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2018, 01:24:03 PM »

If you select only the options to export the IPTC Stationery Pads and the Ingest snapshots, even then the operation is slow?  Do you have thousands of IPTC Stationery Pads and Ingest snapshots?

-Kirk

Kirk

Sorry wasn't very clear, if I select only IPTC and or Ingest snap shots there is now problem. The problem comes when I have to select the ones I need to export, at times I need to export 2-5 and there is no way to select those without selecting other stuff in between.

In example A I need to export IPTC Snapshot BCU XCNTRY and also export Ingest Snapshop BCU XCNTRY which is located further down on the list. There is now way I have found that I can select IPTC and scroll to Ingest and select without selecting everything else in between.

Hope that makes sense

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2018, 06:13:33 PM »
You should be able to Command-click (⌘-click) to select individual items (macOS standard for non-contiguous selections).

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline Rguzmanphoto

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2018, 07:37:35 PM »
You should be able to Command-click (⌘-click) to select individual items (macOS standard for non-contiguous selections).

HTH,

-Kirk

Kirk,

Exactly what I was looking for thank you very much. Worked like a charm.