Author Topic: Experiencing glitches with PM  (Read 3586 times)

Offline JRH131313

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Experiencing glitches with PM
« on: September 22, 2018, 05:00:22 PM »
I've been using PM religiously for well over a decade and love it. I have been experiencing glitches recently and am wondering if there are issues with the latest update. I am attaching two screenshots to show some of the problems. Other than those, I am also seeing issues deleting files directly through PM, something I do on an everyday basis. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Experiencing glitches with PM
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2018, 05:19:00 PM »
I've been using PM religiously for well over a decade and love it. I have been experiencing glitches recently and am wondering if there are issues with the latest update. I am attaching two screenshots to show some of the problems. Other than those, I am also seeing issues deleting files directly through PM, something I do on an everyday basis. Any suggestions? Thanks!

What operating system are you running?

What is the issue with deleting files?  Is there an error message?  Are you deleting or moving to the Trash?

-Kirk

Offline JRH131313

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2018, 05:23:30 PM »
I am running 10.13.6. I select a group of photos to delete, click command + delete and nothing happens. Also, when I restart the PM app, I get a cache clearing message and a bar graph. I don't recall seeing that previous to this latest update. I could be wrong, but I don't recall.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2018, 06:10:18 PM »
I am running 10.13.6. I select a group of photos to delete, click command + delete and nothing happens. Also, when I restart the PM app, I get a cache clearing message and a bar graph. I don't recall seeing that previous to this latest update. I could be wrong, but I don't recall.

If it takes more than 1.5 seconds to clear the cache (it can get rather large over time) then the progress bar will appear.

Are your preferences set to delete or move to trash?

What Mac OS X version are you running?

Please answer each and every one of my questions, or I can't help you.  I can't read your mind.

-Kirk

Offline JRH131313

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2018, 06:58:16 PM »
My preferences are set to move to trash when deleted. As I stated in my last post, I am running Mac OS 1-.13.6. I am also running Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 16438 (e61be25) One other thing, the type in the windows and the  stationary pad  are jumbled together with the selection boxes. See attachment for example. Thanks for your help.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2018, 11:09:32 PM »
Yes, clearly the Radio buttons and Checkboxes are not correctly rendering on your system.

As far as the move to trash option, I'd like to see your Photo Mechanic log.  In Photo Mechanic go to the Help menu and choose "Reveal Support Data..." and moments later a Finder window will come forward with the zipped log file selected.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your zipped PM log file.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline JRH131313

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2018, 08:40:03 AM »
Thank you, again for your help. The log is attached.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2018, 12:09:22 AM »
Thank you, again for your help. The log is attached.

Please update to the latest build of PM5: http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=11487.0

Your build is several years old.  I expect that it will fix both of your issues.

-Kirk