Author Topic: Bulk Ingest  (Read 2835 times)

Offline mmitchell

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Bulk Ingest
« on: September 21, 2018, 09:37:02 AM »
I have a large number of images in a directory structure and I'd like to ingest them all in one batch.  If I set ingest to a parent folder, I don't see any option to have ingest traverse the directory structure below to ingest all images in the sub-directories.  Is this possible?

Windows 10 64bit
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 09:38:43 AM by mmitchell »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Bulk Ingest
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 11:09:47 AM »
I have a large number of images in a directory structure and I'd like to ingest them all in one batch.  If I set ingest to a parent folder, I don't see any option to have ingest traverse the directory structure below to ingest all images in the sub-directories.  Is this possible?

Windows 10 64bit

Use the "Ingest Folders" option and add your source folder there.  It will be fully traversed.

-Kirk

Offline mmitchell

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 04:52:08 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply.  On the flip side, is there a way to export from all of the subfolders at once.  It looks like I have to select each sub-folder individually. 

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 08:02:50 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply.  On the flip side, is there a way to export from all of the subfolders at once.  It looks like I have to select each sub-folder individually.

You only have to add the folder at the top of the tree, all of its children will be ingested.

-Kirk