Author Topic: Upgrading to Mojave  (Read 4611 times)

Offline ybp

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Upgrading to Mojave
« on: September 24, 2018, 05:13:27 PM »
My organization has a very strict security policy. It has been decided Mac devices must be updated to Mojave. Possible penalties for non-compliance include disconnection from the company network.

I currently am running Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 19695 (4a8c3fe).

Will this program still launch and work if my Mac Pro is updated to Mojave? I have heard that 32-bit apps will not work anymore.

I am in a bit of an emergency. PM is essential for me to meet deadlines on time, so I do not want to update because PM might not work, but I have to follow the corporate security policy.

Most people are using Lightroom so there is not enough outcry to push back against the required update.

Any info on whether my current built of PM version 5.0 will still launch and work on Mojave would be appreciated. If not, is there any workaround other than working from home after hours.

Thank you.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Upgrading to Mojave
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 05:49:32 PM »
My organization has a very strict security policy. It has been decided Mac devices must be updated to Mojave. Possible penalties for non-compliance include disconnection from the company network.

I currently am running Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 19695 (4a8c3fe).

Will this program still launch and work if my Mac Pro is updated to Mojave? I have heard that 32-bit apps will not work anymore.

PM5 will continue to run on macOS Mojave.  The OS will warn you that the application is outdated and that you should contact the developer/publisher (or something to that effect) but then it will run PM5 just fine.

-Kirk

Offline Hydester

• View Profile
    • Hotel Resort Photography
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 02:43:37 AM »
FYI—Just upgraded to Mojave & PM works fine for me in its core functions - import (CF card & XQD)
Don't know about more esoteric functions, but seems to work as normal

Stephen

Mac (27-inch, Late 2013)
3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 05:00:07 AM by Hydester »

Offline sillert

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 11:38:21 AM »
There are some problems with the google maps usage when setting GPS coordinates. The tiles from the map show that they are for "development purposes only". Please see attached screenshot. Apart from that, I did not experience any problems (even not with Mojave itself).

Offline Perttis

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2018, 10:06:26 AM »
About that google maps GPS issue, I doubt that it´s not PM issue. I saw similar messages yesterday with chrome & google maps certain web sites (maybe Google is testing new ways to track us)

Offline Kevin M. Cox

• PM 6 (6890) | macOS 14.3
    • View Profile
    • Kevin M. Cox | Photojournalist
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2018, 12:08:17 PM »
The Google Maps thing is a change they announced back in 2016 and rolled out this summer. Details here:

https://cloud.google.com/maps-platform/user-guide/

This shouldn't have anything to do with the Mojave upgrade.
Kevin M. Cox | Photojournalist
https://www.instagram.com/kevin.m.cox/