Author Topic: scrolling contact sheet is NOT responsive  (Read 3298 times)

Offline dfphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
scrolling contact sheet is NOT responsive
« on: September 28, 2018, 07:53:34 AM »
Hi I've cried about this before, in PM what controls the responsiveness of scrolling up and down in the contact sheet. I'm trying to reorganize an album with 100 pictures, using my tablet I like to grab the images and move them but the app is not responsive then it goes crazy meaning it goes to the top of the contact sheet or down in an odd way.

I never had this type of issue in the older 4.69 but in the 5 series I've seen this on 3 different macs. What area of the preferences handles this or is it all JAVA.... I don't understand what I can do to eliminate this as it's driving me crazy.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: scrolling contact sheet is NOT responsive
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 10:07:07 AM »
Hi I've cried about this before, in PM what controls the responsiveness of scrolling up and down in the contact sheet. I'm trying to reorganize an album with 100 pictures, using my tablet I like to grab the images and move them but the app is not responsive then it goes crazy meaning it goes to the top of the contact sheet or down in an odd way.

I never had this type of issue in the older 4.69 but in the 5 series I've seen this on 3 different macs. What area of the preferences handles this or is it all JAVA.... I don't understand what I can do to eliminate this as it's driving me crazy.

I have no idea.  I have never had PM act that way for me or I would have fixed it.  PM has no Java code in it.

For a problem like this, I suggest contacting our support folks at:

By email: support@camerabits.com

By phone: +1 503.547.2800 option 2

Hours: Mon-Fri, 9:00am-5:00pm [PST/PDT]

Offline dfphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2018, 04:43:56 PM »
Hi Kirk,

I have done this in the past but they can't offer any help. I have a top of the line macbook pro maxed everything out, what area of your preferences could possibly affect the contact sheet and scrolling up and down. Is it cache, ram, other? I don't see this behavior in Phase One's Media pro or Bridge only your app. Thanks

Offline dfphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2018, 04:45:31 PM »
This is especially noticeable using the track pad... with arrows not much but I can't move images around with the arrows.

Best, Dave

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2018, 06:27:17 PM »
Dave,

This is especially noticeable using the track pad... with arrows not much but I can't move images around with the arrows.

Perhaps you could record a screen video showing the unwanted behavior and send it to me?  It's hard to visualize what you're describing.

-Kirk