Author Topic: FTP Upload  (Read 2558 times)

Offline NigK

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
FTP Upload
« on: October 01, 2018, 03:44:02 AM »
I have had a few occasions recently when sending images from an event where the FTP upload dialogue box overlays the contact sheet which is good because I can see the images have gone. Other times however it has appeared in the ingest column part and because I've ingested a number of cards, Ive not seen it. As a result of this Ive ended thinking it hasn't worked and sent the same images twice. Is there something I can do to fix this?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: FTP Upload
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 06:54:27 AM »
I have had a few occasions recently when sending images from an event where the FTP upload dialogue box overlays the contact sheet which is good because I can see the images have gone. Other times however it has appeared in the ingest column part and because I've ingested a number of cards, Ive not seen it. As a result of this Ive ended thinking it hasn't worked and sent the same images twice. Is there something I can do to fix this?

You can always bring up an Upload progress window by clicking on its item in the Tasks pane.

-Kirk

Offline NigK

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 06:15:45 AM »
Thanks Kirk. I have done that on occasions but during events where I am ingesting a few cards its not long before its difficult to see the upload bars. I perhaps need to enlarge the task pane I guess.

I appreciate this is not a 1-1 session so I will raise a separate thread if needs be but I also wondered about the following: I select and colour class in PM, caption, send to Lightroom then save to a processed image file which I then open again in PM and FTP images from there. I have noticed that often the images previously sent are also highlighted (maybe as Ive used the same colour class to send them to Lightroom). This had led to me sending images twice on occasions....short of always selecting a different colour class each time is there anything I can do?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2018, 08:38:45 AM »
Thanks Kirk. I have done that on occasions but during events where I am ingesting a few cards its not long before its difficult to see the upload bars. I perhaps need to enlarge the task pane I guess.

It does scroll too.  Also the "Window" menu should list the open windows.

I appreciate this is not a 1-1 session so I will raise a separate thread if needs be but I also wondered about the following: I select and colour class in PM, caption, send to Lightroom then save to a processed image file which I then open again in PM and FTP images from there. I have noticed that often the images previously sent are also highlighted (maybe as Ive used the same colour class to send them to Lightroom). This had led to me sending images twice on occasions....short of always selecting a different colour class each time is there anything I can do?

That metadata is going to be preserved between the two programs.  We're compatible with their data and they are compatible with ours.  So if you set a color class in PM and you don't change it in Lr, it's going to be the same when you return to PM.

I'm not sure that there is anything you can do if a color label is what you use to determine whether to upload something.

-Kirk

Offline NigK

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2018, 09:46:42 AM »
Ok thanks. Yes I can see why that would happen. I suppose its not a big deal its just confusing when the images come back from lightroom and PM automatically selects the new images plus the additional images in that folder with the same colour class even if they have already got the green square indicating upload.

Anyway bar that its working well and a great tool.