Author Topic: Print settings  (Read 3710 times)

Offline DaveG

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Print settings
« on: October 02, 2018, 10:52:57 AM »
I've been trying to access the print settings dialog box in PM  to design and print contact sheets.  I've read that I need to hold down Shift when I click on Print Setup, and that should open the PM Print settings DB.  It does open a Print Setup but it's just the one for my local printer, NOT the PM version.  What do I need to do?  Thoughts?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Print settings
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 11:36:54 AM »
I've been trying to access the print settings dialog box in PM  to design and print contact sheets.  I've read that I need to hold down Shift when I click on Print Setup, and that should open the PM Print settings DB.  It does open a Print Setup but it's just the one for my local printer, NOT the PM version.  What do I need to do?  Thoughts?

Are you running Windows?  (the above is only useful on Windows systems.)  Have you changed the default printer for your system?

It's hard to say what's going on with limited information.

-Kirk

Offline DaveG

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2018, 06:02:04 PM »
I'm running Windows 10 and the "printer" in the Printer Setup is my default Canon printer. I looked to see if one of the "printer" choices was some kind of Photo Mechanic option but there was nothing like that there.

To be clear when I choose either "Printer Setup" of or "Print" in Photo Mechanic I just get what I think is the Canon NOT Photo Mechanic "Printer Setup" dialog box.  Holding down any of the function keys (Shift, Ctrl, Alt) make no difference either.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2018, 08:09:10 PM »
I'm running Windows 10 and the "printer" in the Printer Setup is my default Canon printer. I looked to see if one of the "printer" choices was some kind of Photo Mechanic option but there was nothing like that there.

To be clear when I choose either "Printer Setup" of or "Print" in Photo Mechanic I just get what I think is the Canon NOT Photo Mechanic "Printer Setup" dialog box.  Holding down any of the function keys (Shift, Ctrl, Alt) make no difference either.

All that holding down the Shift key does is check for a new default printer.

-Kirk

Offline DaveG

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2018, 12:48:41 PM »
So ...?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2018, 01:29:08 PM »
So ...?

PM remembers the last default printer you has assigned in your system until you change it and you hold down the Shift key while bringing up the Page Setup dialog.  If you don't do this then PM will keep on printing to the old printer.

This is of course not a user-friendly way to do things so I've changed it in PM6 to work like other programs and you can choose your printer.

-Kirk

Offline DaveG

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2018, 03:38:56 PM »
and PM6 gets here when?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2018, 04:32:21 PM »
and PM6 gets here when?

As soon as we can finish it up.  We have it in external testing right now.

-Kirk