Author Topic: Support for Fujifilm in-camera star ratings?  (Read 1838 times)

Offline mbrakes

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Support for Fujifilm in-camera star ratings?
« on: October 10, 2018, 01:10:08 AM »
I've searched the forums and found this info regarding Fujifilm in-camera star ratings, which I've had issues with:

This is not directly related to your issue of stars added by an Android app, but I wanted to point out that star ratings added to photos in camera in the X-T2 are stored in the proprietary maker notes.  If you add stars to a file in an X-T2, neither Lightroom or Photo Mechanic will see them. Grrr, Fujifilm! 

(But if you "Protect" a file in camera in an X-T2, Photo Mechanic will see the file as "tagged" when Ingested. If you were willing to ditch star ratings, this might be useful to you.)

I have found a Lightroom plug-in (X-LR) that attempts to help with this issue, but it introduces another step to my workflow, and I'm also attempting to transition to Capture One for my RAW editing needs, so round-tripping to Lightroom just for this is far from ideal, especially when working on short deadlines. So my hope is that PhotoMechanic would start to support Fujifilm's non-standard star ratings out of the box. Fujifilm is having a lot of traction these days, especially after the introduction of the X-T3 which has been universally very well received, so I expect the number of people looking for a solution to this issue will only increase in the coming months.

Keeping my fingers crossed  :)