Photo Mechanic > General Discussion

How are you using keywords and structured keywords?

(1/1)

davidgordon:
I should do more of my keywording using Photo Mechanic. How are you using PM for keywording? Do you use many different 'sets' of keywords and load them for different jobs/subjects/clients.

I'm especially interested in hearing how people are using the structured keywords. Have you created your own massive structured keyword database or split it into different documents?

Thanks!

nicomorgan:
Speaking for myself I have a default set which is just copyright and basic caption info, date etc.

Then I have more complex ones for the different things I photograph regularly (mostly horse events). So I have a set which is default+event date for Badminton, Burghley and numerous other events I do press stuff for. When I'm ingesting I just open stationery, clear, load the appropriate one, then use code replacements to add names of horses and riders to sets of photos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSTonH48GjI (if you want to see how I do it)

dbvirago:

--- Quote from: davidgordon on October 17, 2018, 02:31:42 AM ---I should do more of my keywording using Photo Mechanic. How are you using PM for keywording? Do you use many different 'sets' of keywords and load them for different jobs/subjects/clients.

I'm especially interested in hearing how people are using the structured keywords. Have you created your own massive structured keyword database or split it into different documents?

Thanks!

--- End quote ---
My original plan was to split it up, but in reality, I've just been adding to the same one. I shoot a huge variety of subjects, so it's just easier for me to keep building the same one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version