Author Topic: Quote marks around Keywords after opening in Photoshop  (Read 1712 times)

Offline paulconradphotography

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Quote marks around Keywords after opening in Photoshop
« on: October 20, 2018, 03:18:42 PM »
Hi,

Looking for help.

After ingesting photos and using the IPTC stationary to fill in the Keywords section, I noticed after opening the photos in Photoshop through Adobe Camera Raw that there are quote marks at the beginning and end of the keywords.

I set my preferences in PM to use the semi-colon as the keyword separator. Ex.:  bellingham; washington; whatcom county; ...

However, when I open the images either straight into Photoshop or through Adobe Camera Raw, then open the File Info, there are  quote marks at the beginning and end of the keywords.  Ex.: "bellingham; washington; whatcom county; ..."

It's more of an annoyance as I do a final check on the captions for proper spelling, grammar, and info as I have certain protocols to follow when uploading for work. So I just remove them.

Any help appreciated.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Quote marks around Keywords after opening in Photoshop
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 03:36:40 PM »
After ingesting photos and using the IPTC stationary to fill in the Keywords section, I noticed after opening the photos in Photoshop through Adobe Camera Raw that there are quote marks at the beginning and end of the keywords.

I set my preferences in PM to use the semi-colon as the keyword separator. Ex.:  bellingham; washington; whatcom county; ...

However, when I open the images either straight into Photoshop or through Adobe Camera Raw, then open the File Info, there are  quote marks at the beginning and end of the keywords.  Ex.: "bellingham; washington; whatcom county; ..."

Can you provide a sample image that exhibits this behavior?  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your file.

Thanks,

-Kirk