Author Topic: I cannot delete or clear an address from the get gps window  (Read 1607 times)

Offline Jan Normandale

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
I cannot delete or clear an address from the get gps window
« on: October 26, 2018, 11:52:32 PM »
When I go to set gps for my images the “get gps” search box always shows “472 S 1st Ave Hillsboro OR, 9713.

No matter how I try I cannot delete or clear this address from the get gps window. I shut down and restart.. it’s still there. Can someone tell me how to remove addresses like this? As you can see, the jpgs show Kipling SK but the search box still has the OR address.

Help’s appreciated

Jan

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: I cannot delete or clear an address from the get gps window
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 06:43:34 AM »
Jan,

It's just the default sample.  It has nothing to do with your photo.  The marker on the map is the GPS coordinate that will be entered into the two GPS coordinate fields should you click the Accept button.  You can use that field to move the map to a desired location.

You can simply ignore it.  It will always be shown as an example of how you would enter your own address there and once you click the "Get GPS" button, that address will be turned into a GPS coordinate that the map will then center itself on.

http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php/User_Manual_Flat_View#GPS_Functions

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline Jan Normandale

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: I cannot delete or clear an address from the get gps window
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 10:47:11 PM »
Okay, got it thanks Kirk. I was hoping I could somehow 'reset' the default to be blank. I just find the 'example' annoying but now I know there's no work around.. I can live with it.