Author Topic: Where are autocomplete values stored?  (Read 2893 times)

Offline nicomorgan

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Nico Morgan Media
Where are autocomplete values stored?
« on: November 02, 2018, 10:47:22 AM »
I make good use of the autocomplete facility (space problem notwithstanding) because a lot of the images I produce feature the same large group of people.

Each time I add a {persons} who is previously not known I Add them to the autocomplete list so that they are recognised last time.

This was saving me hours until I had to do a full Windows reinstall after I carelessly allowed a "cutting edge" upgrade to take place. BOOM!

In hindsight if I had backed up my autocomplete values I would have been up and running again in no time.

Where are they stored for the Windows version? I assume they are in Appdata/Roaming/Camera Bits Inc/Photo Mechanic somewhere but I can't see a filename which looks likely.

Does anybody know?

Nico

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Where are autocomplete values stored?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 11:50:12 AM »
Nico,

Do you still have the contents of the Photo Mechanic preferences folder?  (the one you referenced)

If so then you should be able to copy the com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic.prefsdb file over to the new location and virtually all of your preferences should be restored.

-Kirk

Offline nicomorgan

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Nico Morgan Media
Re: Where are autocomplete values stored?
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 04:14:57 PM »
Thanks Kirk

I don't, partly because I didn't know which one I wanted and ended up not keeping the prefs folder. Now I know I will back that file up periodically, just in case.

Thanks

Nico