Author Topic: Sorting photos for HDR and focus stacking processing  (Read 158 times)

Offline vigneshsekar

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Sorting photos for HDR and focus stacking processing
« on: November 03, 2018, 04:52:51 pm »
Hello All,
I've been using Photomechanic for the past 5 months and still learning the capabilities. I just came back from a landscape photo trip and shot many compositions with HDR and focus stacking processing options. I would like these images to go through Aurora HDR for HDR and Helicon focus for focus stacking processing before sending to Lightroom. Ideally I would like to be able to save only these photos in a separate folder so it is easier to identify and load in the specific tools like Aurora HDR.

I was thinking of colour coding these photos in contact sheet for example red for focus stacking and purple for HDR. But I'm lost how to save these images in a separate folder. I would like these images to be in same format as shot which is RAW in my case. I will be grateful for suggestions to handle this efficiently.

Regards,
Vignesh

Offline jwvaughn

• View Profile
Re: Sorting photos for HDR and focus stacking processing
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 06:38:23 pm »
HI Vignesh,

I don't know of an automated way to do it but.  I start with what you suggest and mark my HDR and panoramas with different colors.  I then create sub folders named HDR and/or Panorama. Next I turn off all the colors (lower right corner of PM) leaving only one color selected. Then I select all the photos and move them to the correct sub folder. Repeat with a different color selected as required.

My folder arrangement is
  201811102 Description ->photos for that date with a short description
      Original -> all my raw images are loaded here
      HDR -> all the HDR raw images and the HDR images
      Panorama -> all the panorama raw images and the panoramas
      Working -> all the images that I am working one, ususally PSDs in my case

Hope this gives you some ideas,
Jerry

Offline vigneshsekar

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 04:31:49 pm »
Many thanks for sharing your workflow Jerry. I will give this a try. Certainly this gives me a better workflow but I do wish PM developers introduce some level of automation on this.

Cheers,
Vignesh

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 04:56:03 pm »
Vignesh,

Many thanks for sharing your workflow Jerry. I will give this a try. Certainly this gives me a better workflow but I do wish PM developers introduce some level of automation on this.

What would this automation do?

-Kirk