Author Topic: Problems since update iOS Mojave.  (Read 1772 times)

Offline lopezspratt

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Problems since update iOS Mojave.
« on: November 06, 2018, 03:27:39 PM »
Hi, i work with Photo Mechanic 3 years ago and is a important part of my workflow.

I have a Mac PRO 2013 - 12 cores - 64GB RAM and all the material is in one QNAP TVS-1282T3 conected by Thunderbolt 2. My work with Photomechanic is simple:

I have for every project one folder called _RAW. There i put all the content of pictures. With Photo Mechanic i put colors to the pictures depending what i need. After i do all the selection with the colors, with PM i copy all the pictures with colors to different folders. One project can have around 4000 up to 7000 pictures in RAW from Nikon D5, Nikon D850, Nikon D500 and Nikon D500 absolutly all .NEF files.

Since i update to Mojave OS i cant do this. I can select the colors of the pictures, but when i put to COPY this copy 17 NEF files in around 5 minutes... before take to copy 1000 files in around 12 to 15 minutes.

Whats happen?

I have Photo Mechanic Version 5.0 #19711 (d006a74).

Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Problems since update iOS Mojave.
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 03:35:15 PM »
Hi, i work with Photo Mechanic 3 years ago and is a important part of my workflow.

I have a Mac PRO 2013 - 12 cores - 64GB RAM and all the material is in one QNAP TVS-1282T3 conected by Thunderbolt 2. My work with Photomechanic is simple:

I have for every project one folder called _RAW. There i put all the content of pictures. With Photo Mechanic i put colors to the pictures depending what i need. After i do all the selection with the colors, with PM i copy all the pictures with colors to different folders. One project can have around 4000 up to 7000 pictures in RAW from Nikon D5, Nikon D850, Nikon D500 and Nikon D500 absolutly all .NEF files.

Since i update to Mojave OS i cant do this. I can select the colors of the pictures, but when i put to COPY this copy 17 NEF files in around 5 minutes... before take to copy 1000 files in around 12 to 15 minutes.

Whats happen?

I have Photo Mechanic Version 5.0 #19711 (d006a74).

I expect that it's a problem with Mojave.  All initial releases of Apple's macOS versions have had problems, some minor, some major.  It's why we always recommend not updating to any new macOS until it has had at least a few updates.

Make sure you're using the very latest macOS Mojave (they released a .1 update a few days ago) and if the problem still persists, contact our support folks at:

By email: support@camerabits.com

By phone: +1 503.547.2800 option 2

Hours: Mon-Fri, 9:00am-5:00pm [PST/PDT]

Offline lopezspratt

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Problems since update iOS Mojave.
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 08:26:37 PM »
Thanks so much! I didnt see that update. Now is working again good.

Thanks so much.