Author Topic: images opening up w/ wrong orientation  (Read 3629 times)

Offline scannere

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
images opening up w/ wrong orientation
« on: November 05, 2018, 11:14:03 AM »
I have the latest version of Photomechanics and am using windows 10 with photoshop 7.   When I open up the photos in photoshop 7, all vertical photos open up as horizontals as if they were all automatically rotated cw.  If i rotate the photos ccw on the contact sheet, they still open up as horizontals. Any ideas about this? Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: images opening up w/ wrong orientation
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 01:23:20 PM »
I have the latest version of Photo Mechanic and am using windows 10 with photoshop 7.   When I open up the photos in photoshop 7, all vertical photos open up as horizontals as if they were all automatically rotated cw.  If i rotate the photos ccw on the contact sheet, they still open up as horizontals. Any ideas about this? Thanks

What file type are the images?

If you quit and restart Photo Mechanic and browse those images again, do they maintain their correct orientation in Photo Mechanic?

-Kirk

Offline scannere

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 06:08:37 AM »
They are jpg files and I still have the problem after restarting photo mechanics.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2018, 08:32:46 AM »
They are jpg files and I still have the problem after restarting photo mechanic.

To be clear, your images need to be rotated again when you resume Photo Mechanic?

Check the permissions on the files.  Do you have write access?  Can the disk that they're on be modified?

-Kirk