Author Topic: Life Ingest  (Read 3646 times)

Offline Dominik Pluess

• View Profile
Life Ingest
« on: June 14, 2016, 08:59:22 AM »
Hi

I'm setting up my MacBook Pro and a Nikon D5 for tethered shooting and transfering the files into PM with life Ingest over a LAN cable.
It' works so long. But I have to rescan the contact sheet to see the new files coming in.
Is there a way that it does automatically rescan or refresh the contact sheet?
So I can see my last shot on the screen? Best would be, if it shows in Preview mode, or fullscreen.

Best Dominik

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Life Ingest
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 02:21:26 PM »
Dominik,

I'm setting up my MacBook Pro and a Nikon D5 for tethered shooting and transfering the files into PM with life Ingest over a LAN cable.
It' works so long. But I have to rescan the contact sheet to see the new files coming in.
So I can see my last shot on the screen? Best would be, if it shows in Preview mode, or fullscreen.

If you have set Live Ingest to open Contact Sheets during Ingest then they should be automatically rescanned when new images are downloaded.  However, this won't cause the current selected preview to automatically change to show the newest photo.

-Kirk

Offline Dominik Pluess

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 11:12:14 AM »
Thank you Kirk. Might be something to add in a new version.

Dominik

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 11:54:21 AM »
Dominik,

Thank you Kirk. Might be something to add in a new version.

If we were to add it, it would definitely have to be an option.  Many users wouldn't want the item they're looking at in the preview to change automatically.

-Kirk

Offline mbbphoto

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2016, 08:53:42 AM »
Dominik,

If you have set Live Ingest to open Contact Sheets during Ingest then they should be automatically rescanned when new images are downloaded.  However, this won't cause the current selected preview to automatically change to show the newest photo.

-Kirk

This is awesome! You learn something everyday...
Marc

Offline pjs

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Live Ingest
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 02:26:18 AM »
Live ingest works fine and the downloaded photos appear in the Contact Sheet. But it would be nice if PM in the preview mode would jump to the newest photo. Now, the preview photo is still the same, but the thumbnail strip shows the newest photo very small... Similar as Live Slideshow works, but with the thumbnail strip on the side. Adobe Lightroom (Auto Import) supports this function, but it is so much slower as PhotoMechanic and Live Ingest.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 09:23:14 AM by philipp »