Author Topic: PM direct to ACR  (Read 5131 times)

Offline judophotos

• View Profile
    • Judophotos
PM direct to ACR
« on: November 11, 2018, 02:50:29 PM »
Hi Kirk,

Is there any way to go directly from Photo Mechanic to ACR to adjust a photo rather than going via Bridge or opening Photoshop first?

As you know, if you use Bridge and double-click on an image it will immediately open in ACR. I would like to do that directly from PM if possible to speed up my workflow for news work.

Any ideas?
David

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM direct to ACR
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 03:37:43 PM »
David,

Is there any way to go directly from Photo Mechanic to ACR to adjust a photo rather than going via Bridge or opening Photoshop first?

As you know, if you use Bridge and double-click on an image it will immediately open in ACR. I would like to do that directly from PM if possible to speed up my workflow for news work.

If you set Photoshop as an editor for your RAW files, PM will send the RAW files to Photoshop when you use the "Edit Photos" command on the Image menu.  Photoshop will then open the image(s) with the ACR plugin.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline judophotos

• View Profile
    • Judophotos
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2018, 04:07:28 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply Kirk.

Yes, I know that happens. However, when I'm working on the laptop on a job I would like to just be able to go directly from PM to ACR without PS being involved or open. Exactly as happens when you use Bridge on its own instead of PM and double-click an image in Bridge to immediately open it in ACR for really quick adjustments.

I've looked for an ACR   .exe file in the Windows program folder but there is nothing there.

When I'm on a deadline it would make life a shade quicker.

If it is not possible I'll stick with working from PM to Bridge to ACR.

Let me know what you think.
David

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2018, 08:19:18 PM »
David,

Yes, I know that happens. However, when I'm working on the laptop on a job I would like to just be able to go directly from PM to ACR without PS being involved or open. Exactly as happens when you use Bridge on its own instead of PM and double-click an image in Bridge to immediately open it in ACR for really quick adjustments.

I've looked for an ACR   .exe file in the Windows program folder but there is nothing there.

It's not possible to host the ACR plugin inside PM.

-Kirk

Offline Rguzmanphoto

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2018, 06:49:30 AM »
Have you tried changing PS>Preferences>Camera Raw Preferences > JPEG, HEIC, and TIFF Handling > JPEG/HEIC:Drop Down Choose (Autmatically open all supported JPEGs and HEICs)

Offline fabianlujan

• sports photographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2018, 09:11:25 AM »
David,

It's not possible to host the ACR plugin inside PM.

-Kirk

This is the correct answer.
When I send to edit it opens PS but not at full. ACR opens.