Author Topic: Problems with codereplacements since update on mac OS mojave 10.14  (Read 5767 times)

Offline marc1

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hello,
I do not know if it's related, but I have a problem with Text.Edit since the update to Mojave 10.14. To import the txt file as a codereplacement in PM, the extension of the file must be txt. Also the txt.edit file icon has changed it's look.
I've always enjoyed using the codereplacemt feature in the past. I still have a file that I can overwrite - and the import works. (txt).
The current files are unfortunately saved in RTF format, I can not import these as codereplacements.
How can I change the format?
I want to be able to work with codereplacements again.
I attached examples.

Thank you for your support & greetings from germany.
- Marc

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Problems with codereplacements since update on mac OS mojave 10.14
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 09:55:41 AM »
Marc,

I do not know if it's related, but I have a problem with Text.Edit since the update to Mojave 10.14. To import the txt file as a codereplacement in PM, the extension of the file must be txt. Also the txt.edit file icon has changed it's look.
I've always enjoyed using the codereplacemt feature in the past. I still have a file that I can overwrite - and the import works. (txt).
The current files are unfortunately saved in RTF format, I can not import these as codereplacements.
How can I change the format?
I want to be able to work with codereplacements again.
I attached examples.

You should be able to change the format to plain text when saving.

But I recommend that you use an entirely different editor: BBEdit.  It is a commercial text editor, but it has the ability to be run in "free" mode where most of its advanced features are removed, but for code replacement editing, you'll never miss those features.  The completely free version use to be called Text Wrangler, but they decided to move that functionality into BBEdit and make those features free.

https://www.barebones.com/products/textwrangler/

HTH,

-Kirk