Author Topic: How are you using keywords and structured keywords?  (Read 3559 times)

Offline davidgordon

• View Profile
    • davidgordon.co.uk
How are you using keywords and structured keywords?
« on: October 17, 2018, 02:31:42 AM »
I should do more of my keywording using Photo Mechanic. How are you using PM for keywording? Do you use many different 'sets' of keywords and load them for different jobs/subjects/clients.

I'm especially interested in hearing how people are using the structured keywords. Have you created your own massive structured keyword database or split it into different documents?

Thanks!

Offline nicomorgan

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Nico Morgan Media
Re: How are you using keywords and structured keywords?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 10:52:03 AM »
Speaking for myself I have a default set which is just copyright and basic caption info, date etc.

Then I have more complex ones for the different things I photograph regularly (mostly horse events). So I have a set which is default+event date for Badminton, Burghley and numerous other events I do press stuff for. When I'm ingesting I just open stationery, clear, load the appropriate one, then use code replacements to add names of horses and riders to sets of photos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSTonH48GjI (if you want to see how I do it)

Offline dbvirago

• View Profile
Re: How are you using keywords and structured keywords?
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 04:46:05 PM »
I should do more of my keywording using Photo Mechanic. How are you using PM for keywording? Do you use many different 'sets' of keywords and load them for different jobs/subjects/clients.

I'm especially interested in hearing how people are using the structured keywords. Have you created your own massive structured keyword database or split it into different documents?

Thanks!
My original plan was to split it up, but in reality, I've just been adding to the same one. I shoot a huge variety of subjects, so it's just easier for me to keep building the same one.