Author Topic: Automatically adding/removing color from photos in contact sheet.  (Read 2564 times)

Offline mikemyers

• Have Camera, Will Travel
    • View Profile
    • Smugmug Gallery
Not needed, but would be nice....       I have learned how to tag the photos I like, then double check my tagging.  I then I go back to the contact sheet, change the search box to "un-tagged photos", select them, then delete.  Works fine!

Is there quick way to initially "color" all the photos, perhaps with red, and when I tag photos, have the color vanish automatically?

This way, when I view the full contact sheet, the photos I am going to delete will have a red box around them, in addition to not having a check mark from tagging.  This would be more intuitive to me.
Mike Myers
m.smugmug.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Automatically adding/removing color from photos in contact sheet.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 09:19:40 AM »
Not needed, but would be nice....       I have learned how to tag the photos I like, then double check my tagging.  I then I go back to the contact sheet, change the search box to "un-tagged photos", select them, then delete.  Works fine!

Is there quick way to initially "color" all the photos, perhaps with red, and when I tag photos, have the color vanish automatically?

You can set a color class on photos as they are Ingested via the IPTC Stationery Pad, but there is no way to have the color class be set to "None" when you set the Tag checkbox.

Why not have a color class that represents "Trash" to you and simply change the color from red to your "Trash" color?  Then use the Color Class filter widget (bottom right corner of the window) to show only the "Trash" items, select all, then delete?

-Kirk