Author Topic: Update 19720  (Read 2317 times)

Offline LarsN

• View Profile
Update 19720
« on: November 24, 2018, 03:27:07 AM »
When I move the new version to my application folder, an alias to the Photo Mechanic app is created. But no update is created.

I have a suspicion that the problem is with my Mac, but do not have a clue how to solve it. Could you please help

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Update 19720
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 05:53:45 AM »
First make sure you have quit any running instance of PM.  Then go to your Applications folder and move the current Photo Mechanic app to the Trash.

Then copy the Photo Mechanic application from the disk image to your Applications folder.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline LarsN

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 12:46:52 AM »
Hi Kirk,

Unfortunately that did not work, again only an alias is created. I moved the current Photo Mechanic app to the Trash, but did not empty the trash, and then restarted my Mac before I copied PM to the application folder.

After I installed my current version, 19711, I have installed the latest update of the OS to 10.14.1. I have also started in Safe Mode to clean out any problem. After Mojave was installed and the update, I have had messages (when starting PM) saying that Photo Mechanic is not compatible with the OS and need updating.

Regards
Lars

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 05:27:54 AM »
Unfortunately that did not work, again only an alias is created. I moved the current Photo Mechanic app to the Trash, but did not empty the trash, and then restarted my Mac before I copied PM to the application folder.

After I installed my current version, 19711, I have installed the latest update of the OS to 10.14.1. I have also started in Safe Mode to clean out any problem. After Mojave was installed and the update, I have had messages (when starting PM) saying that Photo Mechanic is not compatible with the OS and need updating.

That message will appear once on initial startup of PM5 on macOS Mojave because PM5 is a 32-bit application and support for 32-bit applications are being phased out by Apple.  PM6 is a 64-bit application (but has not been released yet).  PM5 is as compatible with macOS Mojave as it was with macOS High Sierra in this regard.  It is a warning and nothing more.

As for the initial problem, I suggest contacting our support folks at:

By email: support@camerabits.com

By phone: +1 503.547.2800 option 2

Hours: Mon-Fri, 9:00am-5:00pm [PST/PDT]

They should be able to help you get PM5 installed for you.

-Kirk