Author Topic: Can I tell PM to ignore drives such as my Time Machine drive when ingesting?  (Read 2835 times)

Offline mikemyers

• Have Camera, Will Travel
    • View Profile
    • Smugmug Gallery
I have a Time Machine drive connected to my MacBook, along with another drive which I use as external storage.  When I insert a memory card into my laptop for ingesting photos, all three drives show up.

Is there some trick I can use to tell Photo Mechanic to ignore the other drives, and not show them?
Mike Myers
m.smugmug.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php?title=Frequently_Asked_Questions

Clean up Ingest dialog?

The Ingest dialog often shows drives I never want to Ingest from. How can I permanently remove those drives from the list?

Answer: All you need to do is create a folder named: PMIngestIgnore on the root of each drive that you want Photo Mechanic?s Ingest feature to ignore. You can do this with the Finder (Mac OS X) or with Windows Explorer (Windows.). You can also create a hidden file called .PMIngestIgnore (with a dot as the first character), though some operating system settings may affect your ability to create hidden files in this manner. For example, in OS X, you might need to rename the file in Terminal.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline mikemyers

• Have Camera, Will Travel
    • View Profile
    • Smugmug Gallery
Simple enough!

I need to go through the FAQ list - thanks for posting.
Mike Myers
m.smugmug.com