Author Topic: PM to Adobe DNG Converter to LR  (Read 3455 times)

Offline mikemyers

• Have Camera, Will Travel
    • View Profile
    • Smugmug Gallery
PM to Adobe DNG Converter to LR
« on: December 07, 2018, 07:15:55 AM »
When I take photos on my Fuji X100F, they come out as "RAF" files, which my Lightroom 6 will not accept (until when or if Adobe updates it).  One way out of this mess is to send the photos to the Adobe DNG Converter, which I have yet to find and install on my MacBook.

Can I send photos from PM to the Adobe converter, after which I'll move the DNG images into LR ?

Is there a better option?

(My LR6 is stand-alone software, bought and paid for; it does't get all the automatic updates that LR CC gets, nor do I have to pay a monthly charge for the rest of my life.)
Mike Myers
m.smugmug.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM to Adobe DNG Converter to LR
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 07:20:15 AM »
Mike,

When I take photos on my Fuji X100F, they come out as "RAF" files, which my Lightroom 6 will not accept (until when or if Adobe updates it).  One way out of this mess is to send the photos to the Adobe DNG Converter, which I have yet to find and install on my MacBook.

Can I send photos from PM to the Adobe converter, after which I'll move the DNG images into LR ?

Yes, PM offers a command on the Tools menu that will convert the selected photos to DNG.  You do have to install the free Adobe DNG Converter for this tool to work correctly.

-Kirk

Offline mikemyers

• Have Camera, Will Travel
    • View Profile
    • Smugmug Gallery
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 07:25:31 AM »
Wow, thank you for the prompt reply.  Will try that very shortly.  Much better than what I anticipated.  I need to post about this in the Adobe forums, where people are complaining.  If they get PM, problem solved.
Mike Myers
m.smugmug.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 08:38:50 AM »
Mike,

Wow, thank you for the prompt reply.  Will try that very shortly.  Much better than what I anticipated.  I need to post about this in the Adobe forums, where people are complaining.  If they get PM, problem solved.

Well, really they just need to use the Adobe DNG Converter.  It is capable of operating on images in bulk--you certainly don't need PM to drive it.

-Kirk

Offline gregoire

• View Profile
    • www.emilegregoire.com
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2018, 08:45:07 PM »
As an aside: LR 6 is out of development and will never receive an update so if you're rooting for support for your X100F you're straight out of luck. You might want to try Capture One, they've got pretty good Fujifilm support (including all the film simulations) these days and have a free 'express' (lite) version for Sony and Fuji users.