Author Topic: Beta ll fantastically slow on G4 733 10.4.9  (Read 5278 times)

Offline patrick

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • patrickbaldwin.com
Beta ll fantastically slow on G4 733 10.4.9
« on: March 31, 2007, 10:41:30 AM »
Running the beta on a G4 733 1.5GB RAM 10.4.9 is so slow it is unusable. Trying to double click to bring up an image in preview window takes an impossible amount of time. Moving files to trash gives "moving files to trash" message and then appears to hang but is probably just taking an age given what other posters have said. I force quit. The files had moved to trash on restarting the app though. Previous versions were fine on the G4. Any slowness was because of the actual speed of the computer.
  On an Intel Core 2 iMac with 2 Gb Ram everything is fine! I like the improvements I've found so far. Keep it up. I love this app.
Patrick.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Beta ll fantastically slow on G4 733 10.4.9
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 10:57:22 AM »
Patrick,

Running the beta on a G4 733 1.5GB RAM 10.4.9 is so slow it is unusable. Trying to double click to bring up an image in preview window takes an impossible amount of time. Moving files to trash gives "moving files to trash" message and then appears to hang but is probably just taking an age given what other posters have said. I force quit. The files had moved to trash on restarting the app though. Previous versions were fine on the G4. Any slowness was because of the actual speed of the computer.

This is my #1 issue right now.  Determining why on most systems version 4.5 runs very fast and on some systems version 4.5 runs very slow.

I haven't been able to figure it out yet.

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 03:40:23 PM »
Patrick,

On an Intel Core 2 iMac with 2 Gb Ram everything is fine! I like the improvements I've found so far. Keep it up. I love this app.

Does your G4 733 system have any Unsanity applications installed on it like Application Enhancer or FruitMenu, etc.?

Try disabling them.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline dbrouse

• View Profile
    • DC Corporate Headshots
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007, 04:43:25 PM »
Kirk-

FYI: I use Unsanity Products (Fruit Menu/App Enhancer) but My system seems to be running fine.

2.33 GHz MacBook Pro (Intel Core 2 Duo), 10.4.9, 2GB RAM

Just thought this might help...

Delane
Delane B. Rouse/Rouse Photography Group, LLC
Mac OS: Version 10.7.4, Build 12713

Offline patrick

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • patrickbaldwin.com
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2007, 06:54:15 AM »
Hi Kirk. I don't have any Unsanity apps installed