Author Topic: Ingest Dialog recognizes the folder on disc, but wont ingest automatically  (Read 2789 times)

Offline Davcam

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
When I insert a card into a reader, the ingest dialog recognizes the proper folder on the disc(s) that I want to ingest, but once I click on "Ingest", the window closes and gives me the reject beep (indicating that no folder is selected.  I end up having to "Remove" the folder from the Source Path window, manually.  Then go find it ("Add") it manually. 

What gives?  This happens on my laptop, and desktop.  It's been this way for a couple years now...

Mac 10.13.6

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Ingest Dialog recognizes the folder on disc, but wont ingest automatically
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 07:13:53 PM »
When I insert a card into a reader, the ingest dialog recognizes the proper folder on the disc(s) that I want to ingest, but once I click on "Ingest", the window closes and gives me the reject beep (indicating that no folder is selected.  I end up having to "Remove" the folder from the Source Path window, manually.  Then go find it ("Add") it manually. 

What gives?  This happens on my laptop, and desktop.  It's been this way for a couple years now...

Mac 10.13.6

You must have a lot of patience. ;)

Can you post a screen shot of your Ingest dialog, please?  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG format screenshot.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Davcam

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 07:47:51 PM »
Here's the screen shot. 

The ingest progress window that pops up after I click "Ingest", flashes so fast I can't even tell you what it looks like.

Offline Davcam

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2018, 07:49:41 PM »
The "Source Path" appears to be correct, but I end up having to "remove" it, then manually have to "add" it...

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2018, 10:59:35 PM »
You're ingesting from folders instead of from disks (click the top leftmost radio button to switch to ingesting disks instead of folders).

I expect things will improve and you won't ever have to remove them or add them again.

-Kirk