Author Topic: Label Color in Capture One 12  (Read 5785 times)

Offline bstich

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Label Color in Capture One 12
« on: December 17, 2018, 07:36:19 AM »
Hello, with the workflow PM5 + Capture One 12, I don't see the color labels put in PM5 in Capture One. PM5 has been configured as indicated in the online help (workflow: integration of photos in the "Capture" folder of a Capture One session). MacOs High Sierra 10.13. Did anyone have the same problem? Thank you!

Offline Odd Skjaeveland

• View Profile
Re: Label Color in Capture One 12
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 10:45:45 PM »
http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?action=post;quote=57158;topic=11711.0;last_msg=57158
...PM5 has been configured as indicated in the online help (workflow: integration of photos in the "Capture" folder of a Capture One session).

Could you please provide a link to the configuration advice you followed?

A couple of quick searches in the "Help->Photo Mechanic Help..." and in "Help->Photo Mechanic Online Manual..." did not get me to "integration of photos in the "Capture" folder of a Capture One session" (it may still be there).

The file type in use may also play a role. Despite all the articles telling us that DNG is a raw file format, PM treats it differently. It does not stop me from passing metadata from PM to Capture One, but it is currently not possible in the opposite direction with DNG files.
--
Odd S.

Offline gregoire

• View Profile
    • www.emilegregoire.com
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 07:36:10 AM »
Hello, with the workflow PM5 + Capture One 12, I don't see the color labels put in PM5 in Capture One. PM5 has been configured as indicated in the online help (workflow: integration of photos in the "Capture" folder of a Capture One session). MacOs High Sierra 10.13. Did anyone have the same problem? Thank you!

In Photo Mechanic, go to Preferences -> General and tick the check box next to "Synchronize Color Class with IPTC/XMP Urgency field". Apparently C1 (among others) uses that field for the color label.

Offline bstich

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2018, 02:18:09 AM »
http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?action=post;quote=57158;topic=11711.0;last_msg=57158
...PM5 has been configured as indicated in the online help (workflow: integration of photos in the "Capture" folder of a Capture One session).

Could you please provide a link to the configuration advice you followed?

A couple of quick searches in the "Help->Photo Mechanic Help..." and in "Help->Photo Mechanic Online Manual..." did not get me to "integration of photos in the "Capture" folder of a Capture One session" (it may still be there).

The file type in use may also play a role. Despite all the articles telling us that DNG is a raw file format, PM treats it differently. It does not stop me from passing metadata from PM to Capture One, but it is currently not possible in the opposite direction with DNG files.

Thanks ! the link was http://docs.camerabits.com/documentation/photo-mechanic-color-labels-in-capture-one-pro/

Offline bstich

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2018, 03:20:22 AM »

In Photo Mechanic, go to Preferences -> General and tick the check box next to "Synchronize Color Class with IPTC/XMP Urgency field". Apparently C1 (among others) uses that field for the color label.

Thank you . The box is already check and i think the solution is on the Capture One Pr?f?rence. (Image : Synchro auto complete and all box check). So it's OK from PM5 to C1
And I see that in the forum  (from  C1 to PM5) : "In Capture One, select the images you want to sync the metadata changes made within Capture One such as color class and star ratings. Go to the 'i" tab for Metadata, go to the three horizontal dots on the Metadata sheet and select "Sync Metadata", this writes the updates back into the RAW file (I'm not using a XMP sidecar file). Then back to PM and open up the contact sheet for the folder of images or Refresh the contact sheet and the colour class and star ratings are now visible! Superb, now I can do my super fast selecting in PM, and switch back and forth between C1 and PM keeping the same Metadata in sync."
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 03:29:39 AM by bstich »

Offline gregoire

• View Profile
    • www.emilegregoire.com
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2018, 09:19:30 AM »
Thank you . The box is already check and i think the solution is on the Capture One Pr?f?rence. (Image : Synchro auto complete and all box check). So it's OK from PM5 to C1
And I see that in the forum  (from  C1 to PM5) : "In Capture One, select the images you want to sync the metadata changes made within Capture One such as color class and star ratings. Go to the 'i" tab for Metadata, go to the three horizontal dots on the Metadata sheet and select "Sync Metadata", this writes the updates back into the RAW file (I'm not using a XMP sidecar file). Then back to PM and open up the contact sheet for the folder of images or Refresh the contact sheet and the colour class and star ratings are now visible! Superb, now I can do my super fast selecting in PM, and switch back and forth between C1 and PM keeping the same Metadata in sync."

Sorry I couldn't help; fresh out of ideas. The procedure you quote works for me, although I do use XMP sidecars. In C1's preferences, at the bottom of the 'image' tab, I have checked the option "Prefer Sidecar XMP over Embedded Metadata" and have the other option unchecked and Auto Sync set to none.

Offline Odd Skjaeveland

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2018, 09:57:01 AM »
...this writes the updates back into the RAW file (I'm not using a XMP sidecar file).

As far as I know, Capture One does not write to/into (= overwrite) raw files.
--
Odd S.