Author Topic: Selected Edit with Not working  (Read 1727 times)

Offline ejatpa

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Selected Edit with Not working
« on: January 02, 2019, 07:16:28 AM »
I am using windows 10 and PM version 5 build 19728.  When I select  "edit selected photos" or "edit selected photos with" PM dumps the whole folder into Nikon Capture NX-d.  It seems to work fine when I send them to Corel ASP.  Is there  something in the preferences I need to adjust in order to fix this?

Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Selected Edit with Not working
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 08:17:24 AM »
I am using windows 10 and PM version 5 build 19728.  When I select  "edit selected photos" or "edit selected photos with" PM dumps the whole folder into Nikon Capture NX-d.  It seems to work fine when I send them to Corel ASP.  Is there  something in the preferences I need to adjust in order to fix this?

Some applications do not work well as an editor from Photo Mechanic.  What PM does is send a list of the files that you want to edit to your selected program.  What that program does with a list of files is up to that program.  Some editing programs respond better to drag and drop than an "open files" message.  I suggest trying drag and drop with Capture NX-D and see if that works better for you.

-Kirk

Offline ejatpa

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 03:02:45 PM »
Thanks Kirk for the reply.  That didn't work but it was worth a try.  Next question;  how can I get star ratings and color ratings to show up in NX-D?  I selected the Synchronize Color Class with IPTC/XMP and I selected the default for nx/nx2 on the iptc page.  I also matched the color labels with NX-d.  No luck.  Is this simply a Nikon problem?

Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2019, 03:12:07 PM »
Thanks Kirk for the reply.  That didn't work but it was worth a try.  Next question;  how can I get star ratings and color ratings to show up in NX-D?  I selected the Synchronize Color Class with IPTC/XMP and I selected the default for nx/nx2 on the iptc page.  I also matched the color labels with NX-d.  No luck.  Is this simply a Nikon problem?

It could be.  Capture NX and Capture NX2 worked quite well as editors for PM but they were written by Nik Software and NX-D is written by a different group.  I don't know if it is possible to get ratings and color labels to work between PM and Capture NX-D.

-Kirk