Photo Mechanic > Feature Requests

Ingest Function Request, COPY Primary First then Secondary, Instead of together.

(1/2) > >>

zhpenn:
Because We Currently Using SSD For Primary Destination, HDD for 2nd Destination.
I have noticed when insisting photo, will copy them one by one together. so that will slow down the SSD Ingest speed just to fit the slower HDD speed.

Can we have an option that can Ingest to the first destination first((in my case SSD) for us to start working earlier, when first destination finish, the 2nd Destination will keep Ingesting in the background but will still show in progress bar maybe two colors to indicate two destination status? or the thicker bar contains two color bar indicate the two destination status.

this will help to save a lot of time when we have an SSD for one of the destinations, which is getting popular right now.

Thanks a lot

Kirk Baker:
Doing so would make Ingest more complicated.  Things like the IPTC Stationery Pad application especially with the use of the {sequence} variable would become more complex or when unaddressed would produce inconsistencies.

-Kirk

zhpenn:

--- Quote from: Kirk Baker on January 09, 2019, 08:02:21 AM ---Doing so would make Ingest more complicated.  Things like the IPTC Stationery Pad application especially with the use of the {sequence} variable would become more complex or when unaddressed would produce inconsistencies.

-Kirk

--- End quote ---

Because some people really do not need to use IPTC or care about inconsistencies, all they need is they all backed up in 2 destinations eventually and this way can speed up the process, can start the editing process earlier, the speed really matters for some event photographers like me, can you give us an option, but just do a popup said this will produce inconsistencies. this will saves a lot of time for people like us.
because copy 60GB images to SSD is  just a few mins, but HDD can take up to 30-40 mins, saves 20mins every time, every day 2 event saves 40 mins it is a big deal.Thank you very much

Kirk Baker:
If you're not really using any of the features of Ingest then you may as well use the Finder/Windows Explorer to copy to your secondary location.  Then the two copies will run in parallel and PM won't be waiting on anything but the SSD.

-Kirk

zhpenn:

--- Quote from: Kirk Baker on January 09, 2019, 09:40:10 PM ---If you're not really using any of the features of Ingest then you may as well use the Finder/Windows Explorer to copy to your secondary location.  Then the two copies will run in parallel and PM won't be waiting on anything but the SSD.

-Kirk

--- End quote ---

I'm using PM ingest which the auto add a date in front of the name folder when ingest, this is easier than copy twice and rename two folders.

but anyway, seems you are not listening to your user anyway, why do you need this forum for? only listen to those features that easy for your programer to make it happen? good luck then...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version