Author Topic: Any Further Update On 64bit Upgrade?  (Read 243 times)

Offline David Murray

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Any Further Update On 64bit Upgrade?
« on: January 10, 2019, 07:59:33 PM »

Hi, I'm David and this is my first post.   I have PM version 5.0 and I have Mac Version 10.14.2 . Build # 19728 (3c52d76)

Lately I have been getting notices from Mac that any apps that are 32 bits will not work with their next update. Photo Mechanic is the only one that is still 32. I have read another post from last year suggesting that as of March things were coming along and that all would be ready in time.  I am hoping that his will be soon as I rely on PM for all of my work.  Can you please give an assessment as to how much longer before the new 64bit version is out?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 08:03:27 PM by David Murray »

Offline MickO

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
Re: Any Further Update On 64bit Upgrade?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 08:12:29 AM »
Welcome. Thanks for checking in. The next major release of Photo Mechanic will be fully 64-bit, but a release date has not been announced.

-Mick
----------------------
Mick O
Camera Bits

Offline Rguzmanphoto

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 09:40:56 AM »
Welcome. Thanks for checking in. The next major release of Photo Mechanic will be fully 64-bit, but a release date has not been announced.

-Mick

Can you give any ideas - 1st, 2nd, 3rd or hopefully not 4th quarter.

Offline David Murray

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 10:01:49 AM »

-Mick

Right.  I would feel better if there was some sort of projected schedule, even if it is simply a ballpark prediction.  I am...and am probably not alone in thinking, that to upgrade my laptop when the next time comes would make it impossible to use PM for that gap.... however long.  OR, not upgrade the computer and risk security issues with an older mac program.  It is uncomfortable either way....

Offline MickO

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 10:56:37 AM »
Thanks for the interest.  There are no ballpark estimates at this time.

-Mick 
----------------------
Mick O
Camera Bits