Author Topic: Additional PLUS license fields  (Read 2508 times)

Offline foonji

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Additional PLUS license fields
« on: January 15, 2019, 06:02:53 PM »
Hi team,

Long time user of PM, however I'm just stumped at the moment. I'm currently working on a project putting some order and image management in place for an organisation. One requirement is that they need the expiry date stored in the metadata for images they have licensed, now I can easily add that into the rights usage, instructions or a few other fields that will have license information, but for future systems I need to store the date in it's own field so it can be extracted and utilised independently.

I haven't come across anything in IPTC Core/Extension but PLUS offers the exact field that I require but is not available in PM - plus:LicenseEndDate - Now to my question, is there a way that I as a user can add this field to PM for me to edit and add to images?

Thanks for your help!
p.s and looking forward to 6  ;)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Additional PLUS license fields
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 09:36:10 PM »
Hi team,

Long time user of PM, however I'm just stumped at the moment. I'm currently working on a project putting some order and image management in place for an organisation. One requirement is that they need the expiry date stored in the metadata for images they have licensed, now I can easily add that into the rights usage, instructions or a few other fields that will have license information, but for future systems I need to store the date in it's own field so it can be extracted and utilised independently.

I haven't come across anything in IPTC Core/Extension but PLUS offers the exact field that I require but is not available in PM - plus:LicenseEndDate - Now to my question, is there a way that I as a user can add this field to PM for me to edit and add to images?

Thanks for your help!
p.s and looking forward to 6  ;)

No, there is no way to create your own custom fields in PM and have the ability to edit those fields.

-Kirk

Offline foonji

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Additional PLUS license fields
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 10:39:31 PM »
Thanks Kirk

Anyone else have any recommendations?

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile