Author Topic: Removing spaces  (Read 3433 times)

Offline foonji

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Removing spaces
« on: January 17, 2019, 09:00:33 PM »
Another question, I've read a few old old threads on the matter, seems to be some round-a-bout work arounds but I didn't see anything that has been implemented, Is there any way for me to remove spaces from variables when pulling them into the PM rename? And no I can't remove the spaces from the variables in the first place, only need them removed for file naming purposes.

Thanks

*edit: Yes I know the find and replace method, but looking for something more streamlined in the rename process.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 09:05:34 PM by foonji »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Removing spaces
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 09:11:34 PM »
Another question, I've read a few old old threads on the matter, seems to be some round-a-bout work arounds but I didn't see anything that has been implemented, Is there any way for me to remove spaces from variables when pulling them into the PM rename? And no I can't remove the spaces from the variables in the first place, only need them removed for file naming purposes.

Thanks

*edit: Yes I know the find and replace method, but looking for something more streamlined in the rename process.

Are the spaces between words or is it leading or trailing space?  If it is leading or trailing space then that can be done.  Removing spaces from between words is not possible other than by Find and Replace.

-Kirk

Offline foonji

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 09:16:45 PM »
Sadly spaces between words... but for future sanity would like to hear the options for leading/trailing spaces!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2019, 09:47:43 PM »
Sadly spaces between words... but for future sanity would like to hear the options for leading/trailing spaces!

As long as you have consistency in the number of leading/trailing blanks you can use "variable substring extraction":

http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php?title=User_Manual_Flat_View#Variable_Substring_Extraction

-Kirk