Author Topic: Cant Drag and Drop to Lightroom 6  (Read 3191 times)

Offline crecord

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Cant Drag and Drop to Lightroom 6
« on: January 15, 2019, 12:27:20 PM »
I have watched all the tutorials and seen others drag to LR, but I can't. I don't ingest photos to PM.  I copy all of my images to a folder on my computer.  I will open the contact sheet from there.  I can then select a group of images for the sheet.  When click an image and hold the curser over the image, I never get the "+" sign.  When I try to drag I get a Circle with a line through it.  It wont let me move anything.  I have gone through the settings a couple of time and have made sure LR is handling files in the LR format.  Any idea why this is blocked for me?  Since I can't drag the images I want to LR, I import the entire folder and use the rating to bring up the images I want to work on.  I would prefer to just bring in the images I need, it would be faster.

PM Version 5
LR Version 6
Windows 10

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Cant Drag and Drop to Lightroom 6
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 01:57:43 PM »
I have watched all the tutorials and seen others drag to LR, but I can't. I don't ingest photos to PM.  I copy all of my images to a folder on my computer.  I will open the contact sheet from there.  I can then select a group of images for the sheet.  When click an image and hold the curser over the image, I never get the "+" sign.  When I try to drag I get a Circle with a line through it.  It wont let me move anything.  I have gone through the settings a couple of time and have made sure LR is handling files in the LR format.  Any idea why this is blocked for me?  Since I can't drag the images I want to LR, I import the entire folder and use the rating to bring up the images I want to work on.  I would prefer to just bring in the images I need, it would be faster.

PM Version 5
LR Version 6
Windows 10

The "Not" cursor should change to a normal drag cursor once you leave PM's window and move to LR's window.

-Kirk

Offline crecord

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Cant Drag and Drop to Lightroom 6
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 11:57:33 AM »
Awesome. It worked. Feel a bit foolish for not being able to work this out, but very happy I can now make it work for me.  Will save me so much import time in LR.