Author Topic: Export to lightroom  (Read 2519 times)

Offline Dessie

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Export to lightroom
« on: January 31, 2019, 02:53:26 AM »
Im new to Photomechanic only using it for 6months now im a  sports Photographer . My work flow i ingest pics caption them first then export them to lightroom for edit i then export them  from Lightroom to folder in desktop and then drag them back into photomechanic then send to publisher captions stay with them  . Is there anywhay when you make the edits in lightroom that they would change in photomechanic as well instead of putting them out to desktop first then bringing them back in . Ps i hope this make sense Cheers Dessie

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Export to lightroom
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 09:39:22 AM »
Dessie,

Im new to Photomechanic only using it for 6months now im a  sports Photographer . My work flow i ingest pics caption them first then export them to lightroom for edit i then export them  from Lightroom to folder in desktop and then drag them back into photomechanic then send to publisher captions stay with them  . Is there anywhay when you make the edits in lightroom that they would change in photomechanic as well instead of putting them out to desktop first then bringing them back in . Ps i hope this make sense Cheers Dessie

Multiple exports should not be needed.  In Lightroom you'll need to use the Metadata menu's "Save Metadata to file" command which operates on a selection.  So select the photos you want updated and then use that command.  PM should now be able to see your updates.

I believe this can be made somewhat more automated by opening up the "Catalog Preferences" dialog, clicking on the "Metadata" tab and setting the "Automatically write changes into XMP".  If that setting works for your images then you won't have to do anything for PM to see your metadata changes.

-Kirk
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 01:17:09 PM by Kirk Baker »

Offline Dessie

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 11:13:33 AM »
Kirk its the changes i make to the pictures example if i sharpen crop or lighten or darken them in lightroom i would like to see them mirrored in Pm

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 01:13:32 PM »
Dessie,

Kirk its the changes i make to the pictures example if i sharpen crop or lighten or darken them in lightroom i would like to see them mirrored in Pm

PM can't render Adobe's proprietary settings/technology.  They don't share their technology with us.

If you're willing to convert your RAW files to Adobe DNG files, then Adobe's tools will generate a preview containing the same look as in their software and Photo Mechanic can show those previews just fine.

-Kirk