Photo Mechanic > Code Replacements

Code replacemts in different place at ones

(1/3) > >>

threiner:
Hi,

I use photo mechanic the way that i have templates in the IP stationary Pad with variables, so i use the IPTC Scene to put the Code replacement and use the the variable  {scene} to use the Text string in different places.

Now comes my Problem, i know i can use #2 or #3 to access the different column inside the code replacement file.

What i would like to do is set a variable so when i enter the trigger inside the IPTC scene File ( in most cases the startnummer) what brings me up the codereplacement inside this field that then also in other fields the values from the other columns get places. I think it makes no sence to write in a other place  then again the trigger and add #2 and then in a other again #4 as the trigger is the same it should be possible to tell photo mechanic witch column to use in what place.

Is there a possibility to do that ?

For example i would like to add automatically keywords for each athlet automatically by writing them in the columns of the code replacement file.  ) Like the sponsors of the athlete)

maybe somebody got a idea how to do that :-)

threiner:
no ideas ?

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: threiner on February 01, 2019, 02:36:53 PM ---I use photo mechanic the way that i have templates in the IP stationary Pad with variables, so i use the IPTC Scene to put the Code replacement and use the the variable  {scene} to use the Text string in different places.

Now comes my Problem, i know i can use #2 or #3 to access the different column inside the code replacement file.

What i would like to do is set a variable so when i enter the trigger inside the IPTC scene File ( in most cases the startnummer) what brings me up the codereplacement inside this field that then also in other fields the values from the other columns get places. I think it makes no sence to write in a other place  then again the trigger and add #2 and then in a other again #4 as the trigger is the same it should be possible to tell photo mechanic witch column to use in what place.

Is there a possibility to do that ?

For example i would like to add automatically keywords for each athlet automatically by writing them in the columns of the code replacement file.  ) Like the sponsors of the athlete)

--- End quote ---

Sorry for the late reply.  I'm recovering from a case of pneumonia and have been away from work for the last few days.

I've read your post several times before responding and I just can't quite tell what it is that you're trying to do or if it is possible.  If you could post a screen shot of the IPTC Info of one of your images showing all relevant fields, a shot of your IPTC Stationery Pad showing all relevant fields, and your code replacement file, I'll see what I can do.

-Kirk

threiner:
Hi Kirk, i hope you recovering fast!

Maybe i have not explained this well.

I use the field IPCT Scene to put the code Replacement so everywhere i used the Variable {scene} i get the contend i put there.

But i would also like to trigger automatically  keywords. i have the keywords in the second column of my code replacement file 6   
like this

Marcel Hirscher of Austria               UVEX, ATOMIC, Raifeisen

I found that i can get them by writing /2#6/ but this is one step more i need to change the field and write again the string. i wonder if i can do that somehow different.

my second problem is, can i save the settings in the ftp dialog, for example one agency likes full res. and a special file name, the next one needs  a other filename and a lower resolution. but when i change the ftp connection it does not remember this settings so i have to change everytime i send a file everything over again.

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: threiner on February 03, 2019, 09:05:29 AM ---Maybe i have not explained this well.

I use the field IPCT Scene to put the code Replacement so everywhere i used the Variable {scene} i get the contend i put there.

But i would also like to trigger automatically  keywords. i have the keywords in the second column of my code replacement file 6   
like this

Marcel Hirscher of Austria               UVEX, ATOMIC, Raifeisen

I found that i can get them by writing /2#6/ but this is one step more i need to change the field and write again the string. i wonder if i can do that somehow different.
--- End quote ---

You should be able to append that code replacement sequence in the IPTC Stationery Pad using the append mode of the Keywords field.  Enter only the code replacement sequence and it will append the replacement onto the existing keywords.

--- Quote from: threiner on February 03, 2019, 09:05:29 AM ---my second problem is, can i save the settings in the ftp dialog, for example one agency likes full res. and a special file name, the next one needs  a other filename and a lower resolution. but when i change the ftp connection it does not remember this settings so i have to change everytime i send a file everything over again.

--- End quote ---

Connection settings store only what you entered into that dialog, not the FTP dialog.  They can be used with the current settings to send your prepared images (scaled/renamed/watermarked/etc.) to any connection you like.

If you're wanting to save the settings in the FTP template itself, use the snapshot button.  (small button in the lower left corner with a lightning bolt on it.)  You can have as many settings as you like.

-Kirk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version