Author Topic: Slow load of contact sheet  (Read 2570 times)

Offline cwithe

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Slow load of contact sheet
« on: February 09, 2019, 10:39:05 AM »
Hello!

Photomechanic used to work flawlessly on my computer..but since the last update or so, it just takes forever when there is 500+ images in the folder... As far as I know it used to load huge folders within few seconds...
It's been loading 8000 images folder for over 15min already - meaning I can't do anything while images are being loaded... It says "Sort in progress" at the bottom left side of the window and that's about it...

I  was pretty frustrated on my last assignment when it took 30min to ingest 128gb fastest Lexar CF card...which usually doesn't take more than few min to copy files via usb 3.0... And that was on other computer. So it's definitely something with the software and not computer.

Any ideas?

I'm using PM on Win 10 pro.

Thank you!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Slow load of contact sheet
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 11:22:12 AM »
Photomechanic used to work flawlessly on my computer..but since the last update or so, it just takes forever when there is 500+ images in the folder... As far as I know it used to load huge folders within few seconds...
It's been loading 8000 images folder for over 15min already - meaning I can't do anything while images are being loaded... It says "Sort in progress" at the bottom left side of the window and that's about it...

For a problem like this, I suggest contacting our support folks at:

By email: support@camerabits.com

By phone: +1 503.547.2800 option 2

Hours: Mon-Fri, 9:00am-5:00pm [PST/PDT]