Author Topic: Separate contact sheet  (Read 3158 times)

Offline judophotos

• View Profile
    • Judophotos
Separate contact sheet
« on: February 15, 2019, 04:58:52 AM »
Hello Kirk,

I, like a lot of people, use 2 monitors to speed things up even in a hotel with a small monitor attached to my laptop. Is it possible that a second contact sheet could be displayed on the second monitor?

At an event, I usually take around 2.5 to 3k images each day. Obviously, at the end of the day, I troll through a lot of those images select, crop and finish as needed and save them to a sub-folder to be FTPeed and sometimes need to save to 2 sub-folders before sending to the servers.

If it was possible to display one of the sub-folders on a second monitor that would be helpful instead of clicking back and forth. It would be really useful especially when I'm having to work on an event that is 8 days long like the recent Baku World Judo Championships.

Please let me know what you think.

Best rgds, David

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Separate contact sheet
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 08:07:54 AM »
David,

I, like a lot of people, use 2 monitors to speed things up even in a hotel with a small monitor attached to my laptop. Is it possible that a second contact sheet could be displayed on the second monitor?

At an event, I usually take around 2.5 to 3k images each day. Obviously, at the end of the day, I troll through a lot of those images select, crop and finish as needed and save them to a sub-folder to be FTPeed and sometimes need to save to 2 sub-folders before sending to the servers.

If it was possible to display one of the sub-folders on a second monitor that would be helpful instead of clicking back and forth. It would be really useful especially when I'm having to work on an event that is 8 days long like the recent Baku World Judo Championships.

Please let me know what you think.

On macOS, this is already possible.  On Windows, the limitations of Microsoft's MFC prevents there being a second "Main Frame".  They recommend simply allowing multiple executions of your application (run two instances of Photo Mechanic at the same time).  Because of our caching architecture, we cannot allow two instances of PM to run at the same time.

However, you can put the Preview window on a second display and take advantage of both screens.

-Kirk

Offline judophotos

• View Profile
    • Judophotos
Re: Separate contact sheet
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2019, 05:08:07 PM »
Thanks, Kirk.  Obviously complicated and I understand.

The preview screen doesn't work in the same way that the contact sheet does plus, for speed, I use PM's excellent cropping facility with the previews.

I'll continue to use Bridge on the other screen with the main subfolder open in it.

Thanks again.
David