Author Topic: Allow Navigator Panel to be moved to right side of contact sheet  (Read 3015 times)

Offline Kevin M. Cox

• PM 6 (6890) | macOS 14.3
    • View Profile
    • Kevin M. Cox | Photojournalist
Allow Navigator Panel to be moved to right side of contact sheet
« on: February 25, 2019, 06:12:24 PM »
If this is already possible and I've just missed how to do it I apologize.

I don't typically work with the navigator panel open, but have been using it recently. What immediately jumped out to me is how off balance it feels when opening the Preview window which has the Info panel on the right hand side.

I think it would be a nice addition to allow the customization of moving the navigator panel to the right side of the contact sheet, this way when you switch between CS and Preview modes the panels overlap and that side of the screen is consistently where you get information.

Let me know what you think.
Kevin M. Cox | Photojournalist
https://www.instagram.com/kevin.m.cox/

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Allow Navigator Panel to be moved to right side of contact sheet
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 06:40:44 PM »
Kevin,

If this is already possible and I've just missed how to do it I apologize.

I don't typically work with the navigator panel open, but have been using it recently. What immediately jumped out to me is how off balance it feels when opening the Preview window which has the Info panel on the right hand side.

I think it would be a nice addition to allow the customization of moving the navigator panel to the right side of the contact sheet, this way when you switch between CS and Preview modes the panels overlap and that side of the screen is consistently where you get information.

Let me know what you think.

Probably not going to happen in PM6.

-Kirk

Offline Kevin M. Cox

• PM 6 (6890) | macOS 14.3
    • View Profile
    • Kevin M. Cox | Photojournalist
Re: Allow Navigator Panel to be moved to right side of contact sheet
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2019, 06:47:11 PM »
Understood, but if you don't think it is a horrible idea please just add it to the list of possible features down the road.
Kevin M. Cox | Photojournalist
https://www.instagram.com/kevin.m.cox/