Author Topic: Olympus OMD E M1X  (Read 2153 times)

Offline nick@xsight.com.au

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Olympus OMD E M1X
« on: February 25, 2019, 09:16:48 PM »
Hey guy's,
Love your work.
I have a question regarding the new Olympus OMD E M1 X
Can't seem to open the files.
Wondering if you will be adding this to any future update and timing please.
Thank you in advance
Nick

Offline brianric

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Olympus OMD E M1X
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 09:06:17 PM »
It appears PM has stopped updating PM5. You're going to have to wait until March 25 when PM6 is available. In the meantime convert your EN1X Raw files to DNG.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2019, 09:07:50 PM »
Brian,

It appears PM has stopped updating PM5. You're going to have to wait until March 25 when PM6 is available. In the meantime convert your EN1X Raw files to DNG.

That's not true.  There will be at least one more release of PM5 prior to the release of PM6.

-Kirk

Offline brianric

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 09:19:47 PM »
Right now I'm frustrated. I have a E-M1X and have full support by Adobe. I shoot only Raw. I either convert to DNG, which I'm not to thrilled about doing, or I put the camera on the shelf and either wait for the update to PM5 or wait for PM6. With PM6 reported to be released on March 25, it doesn't make sense for PM to waste their resources in updating PM5.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 09:52:08 PM »
Right now I'm frustrated. I have a E-M1X and have full support by Adobe. I shoot only Raw. I either convert to DNG, which I'm not to thrilled about doing, or I put the camera on the shelf and either wait for the update to PM5 or wait for PM6. With PM6 reported to be released on March 25, it doesn't make sense for PM to waste their resources in updating PM5.

You'll only have to wait a day or two, we're readying a release.  I'm sorry that you're frustrated and I understand that you want to use your new camera with Photo Mechanic.

Once the new build makes it through our Q/A, we'll deploy it.

If you don't mind running non-quality-assured software, here are the links:

http://www.camerabits.com/download/PhotoMechanic5R19738.dmg
http://www.camerabits.com/download/PM5SetupR19738.exe

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline brianric

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2019, 11:50:39 PM »
Thank you. To me PM is just as important as Lightroom. I'm a charity event photographer (pro bono), and a typical outdoor event usually involves 2000 to 4000 shots. I had one event last year as end point photographer for American Cancer Society Philly Bike-a-thon where I shot 14,993 shots in 5.5 hours. Delivered 3,270 to ACS. There is no way I can possibly shoot an event like that without PM. I'll give the non-quality assured software a try. Looking forward to PM6. BTW, you can see my work at www.brianric.com.