Author Topic: Browse with PM in Finder (Mac OS)  (Read 1474 times)

Offline DizzyReed

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Browse with PM in Finder (Mac OS)
« on: February 27, 2019, 05:35:03 AM »
hi,

one question regarding to keyboard shortcut for the Browse with PM - it is supposed to be shift+cmd+B, but when I use this shortcut nothing happens. further more, I checked the settings in Settings>Keyboard>Shortcuts>Services, where there the Browse with PM option is checked, but no shortcut is there, so I entered it manually and the whole service stoped working. had to kill the service in Activity Monitor, replace the BrowseWithPM.service.app with "new one" (just downloaded the latest PM from official page and reinstalled PM and service app) and after that the service is working normally, but the short cut still does not work - any idea how to solve this?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Browse with PM in Finder (Mac OS)
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 06:38:09 AM »
hi,

one question regarding to keyboard shortcut for the Browse with PM - it is supposed to be shift+cmd+B, but when I use this shortcut nothing happens. further more, I checked the settings in Settings>Keyboard>Shortcuts>Services, where there the Browse with PM option is checked, but no shortcut is there, so I entered it manually and the whole service stoped working. had to kill the service in Activity Monitor, replace the BrowseWithPM.service.app with "new one" (just downloaded the latest PM from official page and reinstalled PM and service app) and after that the service is working normally, but the short cut still does not work - any idea how to solve this?

No, no idea how to solve this.  If the Finder doesn't invoke the service when you enter your chosen shortcut, then the problem lies with the Finder and not the service.  The service is not involved until it is invoked.  The service does not get access to the keys you type on your keyboard.

-Kirk

Offline DizzyReed

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Browse with PM in Finder (Mac OS)
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2019, 01:57:02 AM »
OK, understood, will then leave it as it is, this is still quite useful to right-click on item and choose it from there on.