Author Topic: Rating Filter Not Working  (Read 2856 times)

Offline Robobob

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Rating Filter Not Working
« on: March 10, 2019, 12:56:33 PM »
Hello,

I just downloaded Photo Mechanic (5.0, Build 19728) onto my Windows 10 desktop. It is in trial mode.

In Navigator I have opened images on an SDHC card and assigned  a 1 to one image and a 5 rating to the others to try out the filtering operation.  When I click on 1 in the rating filter on the bottom right of the screen the rating 1 image becomes hidden and all other images remain in view. This is opposite to what I expected.

Can someone suggest a solution?

Thank you.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Rating Filter Not Working
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2019, 01:00:21 PM »
Hello,

I just downloaded Photo Mechanic (5.0, Build 19728) onto my Windows 10 desktop. It is in trial mode.

In Navigator I have opened images on an SDHC card and assigned  a 1 to one image and a 5 rating to the others to try out the filtering operation.  When I click on 1 in the rating filter on the bottom right of the screen the rating 1 image becomes hidden and all other images remain in view. This is opposite to what I expected.

Can someone suggest a solution?

You deselect the ones you don't want to see.  Hold down the Shift key when clicking on a color you do want to see and the others will be hidden.

http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php?title=User_Manual_Flat_View#Color_Class_Widget

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline Robobob

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2019, 01:38:51 PM »
Thank you for the quick response.

Offline Robobob

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2019, 01:53:46 PM »
I now have a set of Rating "1" images all selected in PM. When I hit Image>Edit Photos and click yes, Lightroom 6 opens with thumbnails of all the images on the SDHC card. However, only one of the Rating "1" images is checked in LR.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2019, 02:13:45 PM »
I now have a set of Rating "1" images all selected in PM. When I hit Image>Edit Photos and click yes, Lightroom 6 opens with thumbnails of all the images on the SDHC card. However, only one of the Rating "1" images is checked in LR.

Lightroom does not work well as an "External Editor" for Photo Mechanic.  Try using drag and drop.  Lightroom should select the items you drop onto it.

-Kirk

Offline Robobob

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2019, 03:27:13 PM »
Thank you - that worked. An online video I watched showed the process I tried working with LR, perhaps it was LR CC.