Author Topic: Is the subscription for 'Photo Mechanic Standard' the same as 'Photo Mechanic 6'  (Read 758 times)

Offline Greg Eans

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
I'm getting ready to purchase a subscription and I'm using Photo Mechanic 6. It does everything I need it to do. Is the subscription for 'Photo Mechanic Standard' the same program?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
I'm getting ready to purchase a subscription and I'm using Photo Mechanic 6. It does everything I need it to do. Is the subscription for 'Photo Mechanic Standard' the same program?

Yes, the Photo Mechanic Standard edition has the same feature set as the previous Photo Mechanic 6 application.

-Kirk

Offline Greg Eans

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Thanks, Kirk.

Offline Greg Eans

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
This may be helpful to some: After downloading Photo Mechanic Standard, all of my previous settings - meta data (IPTC) snapshot templates, etc. - that I have previousely created in Photo Mechanic 6 - carried over seamlessly. I didn't have to recreate any of those. So, I am up and running immediately (I did not delete the old Photo Mechanic 6. It's still on my machine).

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
This may be helpful to some: After downloading Photo Mechanic Standard, all of my previous settings - meta data (IPTC) snapshot templates, etc. - that I have previousely created in Photo Mechanic 6 - carried over seamlessly. I didn't have to recreate any of those. So, I am up and running immediately (I did not delete the old Photo Mechanic 6. It's still on my machine).

You can delete the old Photo Mechanic 6 if you'd like to: the settings will remain.

-Kirk

Offline vale

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Can Greg reuse it's older PM6 if after a few months he decides to cancel it's subscription?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Can Greg reuse it's older PM6 if after a few months he decides to cancel it's subscription?

It is not clear to me whether Greg had started a trial of PM6 and then wanted to purchase a subscription to Photo Mechanic Standard, which in that case he doesn't have a perpetual license for PM6 and therefore cancelling the subscription would end his use of Photo Mechanic Standard.  The trial version of PM6 will expire a month after initial activation.

If Greg owns a license to PM6 already, he can cancel his subscription to Photo Mechanic Standard and continue using PM6 with his existing perpetual license.

-Kirk

Offline Greg Eans

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
I have previously been using the latest licensed version of Photo Mechanic, before subscribing to Photo Mechanic Standard, yesterday. (MacOS Sonoma 14.3.1)

Offline bwana

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
If you currently hold a license for PM6 why would you subscribe now?

Offline Max Lemesh

• View Profile
If you currently hold a license for PM6 why would you subscribe now?

Because of FOMO. Because there are no clear release notes yet or reviews saying that you shouldn't if you already have PM6