Photo Mechanic > General Discussion

Anyone using Loupedeck with Photo Mechanic or otherwise?

(1/6) > >>

Mick O (Camera Bits):
Hey there folks,

We've had a few requests related to a hardware controller called Loupedeck (https://loupedeck.com/). It seems to be growing in popularity.  We're curious if there are any forum users out there with a Loupedeck and could give us some feedback on it.   I was chatting with some Loupedeck users while at WPPI and they told us how much they'd like to see better Photo Mechanic integration with it.   I am not sure what the most common use case(s) would be for power PM users, so I thought I'd check with the good people here :-)

Mick

Graham1:
I use the latest version (Loupedeck +) with Lightroom and love it. I have had it about 6 months or so.  It is programmed by reference to Lightroom commands, and can be used with Capture One Pro and a few other programmes which I do not use. I have not tried using it with PM and suspect it could not work with PM without some new interface being written, but I am not a programmer and do not know. I can imagine it would be good for quickly going through images with the twist of the main dial and setting attributes at the click of a button, quicker than using a mouse or conventional keyboard.

There are various videos on YouTube about using a midi controller to control Lightroom, and I imagine Loupedeck works in much the same way under the hood, but with nicely labelled buttons and keys by reference to Lightroom terminology.  If it could be linked to PM for image advance, ratings, selections etc., I would certainly use it that way, but maybe if Loupedeck could be made to work with PM, so could a midi controller.

Graham

Graham

ron_hiner:
I've been using something similar to Loupedeck -- Pallette.  It's pretty awesome! But quite frankly, I find it worthless for PM.   The keyboard shortcuts in PM are so awesome, that I would think that any external device would be significantly slower.

jose:

I am waiting for Loupedeck to work with Capture One to buy it. If it also works with PhotoMechanic, great !

jose.

Mick O (Camera Bits):

--- Quote from: ron_hiner on March 19, 2019, 10:39:03 AM ---The keyboard shortcuts in PM are so awesome, that I would think that any external device would be significantly slower.

--- End quote ---

That's sort of where I am at too, though talking to other users of both Palette and Loupedeck, the speed gains from NOT having to a) push LD/Palette out of the way and b) pull my keyboard back over to center of desk would be the "win" in making the peripheral work with PM.   Other interviews with Loupedeck users have hinted that they might benefit from the labeled keys on the Loupedeck since some users find PM kb shortcuts hard to remember. I could see that possibly being a benefit for some users.

Other than that, I have yet to hear of a "killer" use case of using those peripherals with Photo Mechanic -- but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything in my thinking.

Thanks for the feedback

Mick

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version