Author Topic: Anyone using Loupedeck with Photo Mechanic or otherwise?  (Read 19369 times)

Offline Sallinen

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone using Loupedeck with Photo Mechanic or otherwise?
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2020, 05:50:31 AM »
Found out there's software called CommandPost which support Loupedeck+ and it can be used to map the arrow keys and any of the Loupedeck+ buttons to keyboard key presses. Now I'm able to use Loupedeck+ arrow keys and buttons for going through photos with Photo Mechanic and tag the ones that are keepers.
https://commandpost.io/

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2020, 11:08:46 AM »
Any update on this, could Loupedeck support be added to the roadmap?

This may change, but we have no plans to support the Loupedeck at this time.

-Kirk

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2020, 04:24:37 PM »

-Kirk

Which is not to say that you can't use a Loupedeck with PM, though I only have experience with the newer CT unit.  Any of the Photo Mechanic keyboard shortcuts can be mapped to various Loupedeck CT knobs or buttons.    I'm currently in the process of making a "custom profile" for the way I use PM -- there are a few keyboard shortcuts that just never stick in my head, so mapping them to labeled buttons does actually help me.   There is currently a semi-official "custom profile" for Photo Mechanic on the Loupedeck site (again for using with the CT) but right now it is Windows-only. https://loupedeck.com/en/profiles

My question: What specific functionality in Photo Mechanic would you like the Loupedeck to handle? Is there something beyond the keyboard shortcut mapping that makes sense in a PM workflow?
Mick O
Camera Bits

Offline GooGaBu

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2020, 12:50:27 AM »
The one key feature on PM that for me would make Loupedeck worth considering, is key wording. But can’t see how that would be possible with the amount of keys needed.
If one could somehow manage to have two letters and numbers from 0-9, that might make it possible to tag players to the keywords in IPTC.

Offline eikonphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Eikon Photography
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2020, 07:53:30 AM »
I, like other users, am waiting for the capture one integration. I may give Loupdeck a try at that point.
Karen
Eikon Photography
https://www.eikonphoto.com

Offline pszilard

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2023, 02:56:22 AM »
Found out there's software called CommandPost which support Loupedeck+ and it can be used to map the arrow keys and any of the Loupedeck+ buttons to keyboard key presses. Now I'm able to use Loupedeck+ arrow keys and buttons for going through photos with Photo Mechanic and tag the ones that are keepers.
https://commandpost.io/
Whilst CommandPost is great, it is not necessary to map arrow keys for Loupedeck. All you do is record Keystroke and then press the cursor key. You can do this inside a multi step macro, too.

Offline Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2023, 12:50:11 PM »
I have been using a Stream Deck for the last few weeks to do captioning and PM shortcuts (Photoshop too!).  It is a HUGE time saver as I can pre-program keys with code replacements and PM shortcuts.  I can't say enough about it and using it with PM to speed up my workflow.  Feel free to reach out if you want details. 

I have captured some of the panels I use as an example.  The first screen is my basketball setup.  The first button [Edit Caption] just maps to the letter i which is the shortcut in PM to open the iptc editor.  The [DATE] is a hotkey for /d/ which is my code replacement for my date. Then all of the first code replacements that I would use to identify a person. From there hit the NBA key and I go to the screen that has all my most common basketball terms and verbs. I can then hit the up arrow to go back to the first screen and enter another player or hit the preview or zoom buttons to see the photo as cropped in PM or at 100%.

Like I said feel free to reach out if you want info.

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2023, 01:57:22 PM »
That is pretty rad, gotta say.
Mick O
Camera Bits

Offline Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2023, 02:09:21 PM »
It certainly has sped things up. I had a three-fer this weekend with Celtics, Army-Navy, and a college hoops game and I can say it was a huge help.  I've only scratched the surface of what it can do.  The ONLY issue I have found so far is that the profile is written on the computer and not stored in the device so if you have more than one machine it's best to store the profile on the cloud so that any edits you do can follow you from desktop to laptop. 

Offline javier@zubiko.com

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2024, 10:46:59 PM »

-Kirk

Hi Mike!

I leave you a private message. Thanks!

Which is not to say that you can't use a Loupedeck with PM, though I only have experience with the newer CT unit.  Any of the Photo Mechanic keyboard shortcuts can be mapped to various Loupedeck CT knobs or buttons.    I'm currently in the process of making a "custom profile" for the way I use PM -- there are a few keyboard shortcuts that just never stick in my head, so mapping them to labeled buttons does actually help me.   There is currently a semi-official "custom profile" for Photo Mechanic on the Loupedeck site (again for using with the CT) but right now it is Windows-only. https://loupedeck.com/en/profiles

My question: What specific functionality in Photo Mechanic would you like the Loupedeck to handle? Is there something beyond the keyboard shortcut mapping that makes sense in a PM workflow?

Offline pike

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2024, 03:07:39 AM »
Stream Deck has been the way forward for me.

The colour and star buttons are used to see a filtered view. Obtaining the star rating filter via keyboard shortcuts is less straightforward than you would think. It requires a multi-action hotkey setup, which I achieved using Alfred workflows. Ever evolving.