Author Topic: colour tags on jpegs disappear when raw's added.  (Read 2450 times)

Offline sold5

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
colour tags on jpegs disappear when raw's added.
« on: March 18, 2019, 02:10:07 PM »
Hi,

My workflow for weddings up to now has been to cull jpegs for the extra speed (marking them green) then add the raw files when finished culling with them selected to stack raws and jpegs together, then I select all green colour photos which selected the jpegs AND raws, then tagging them as green again as a batch. Then I had raws tagged in green and deleted the jpegs.

Now for some reason - probably as I upgraded to the latest build today - the green tags on the raw+jpegs don't show up so the wedding I just tagged jpegs in green has me stuck.

Any advice please?

Thanks,

Steve

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: colour tags on jpegs disappear when raw's added.
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 02:34:33 PM »
Make sure that you've indicated that you want to use the metadata from the JPEG file of a RAW+JPEG pair:

http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php?title=User_Manual_Flat_View#IPTC.2FXMP_Preferences

When viewing photos in RAW+JPEG mode use the metadata from the: This popup menu allows you to choose where the metadata comes from when RAW and JPEG images are paired.

-Kirk

Offline sold5

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: colour tags on jpegs disappear when raw's added.
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 02:56:06 PM »
Thanks for such a fast reply Kirk, that was it. Updating to the latest build must have changed this setting but I'm very happy to be up and running again thanks.