Author Topic: Improving the "Structured Keywords" next try  (Read 2764 times)

Offline robert s.

• View Profile
Improving the "Structured Keywords" next try
« on: March 25, 2019, 06:30:58 AM »
Hi,

when using "structured Keywords" extensive. The best thing to save time is to avoid using the mouse. Please correct me, if I write here something what already exists.

1. Shortcuts to set the focus to Searchfile, the area whith the structured keywords , the collection and for applying the path/keyword/collections to the pictures.

2. When searching a keyword and pressing return, the focus should change to the window with the searchresults or directly to the structured Keywords, when there is just one result. In both fields/areas I then want to continue whith the arrow keys to make a selection an apply this with return to my collection. Then per shortcut apply the collection to the selected pictures.

3. A Keyword-Cloud or a list withe the recent used Keywords would be the biggest timesaver.

All points together would improve my worklflow immense/very much.
Greetings from Germany,
Robert

Hope is not the conviction that something wil turn out well,
but the cercainty, that someting makes sense, regardless of how it turns out.

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Improving the "Structured Keywords" next try
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 06:52:33 AM »
Robert,

when using "structured Keywords" extensive. The best thing to save time is to avoid using the mouse. Please correct me, if I write here something what already exists.

1. Shortcuts to set the focus to Searchfile, the area whith the structured keywords , the collection and for applying the path/keyword/collections to the pictures.

2. When searching a keyword and pressing return, the focus should change to the window with the search results or directly to the structured Keywords, when there is just one result. In both fields/areas I then want to continue with the arrow keys to make a selection an apply this with return to my collection. Then per shortcut apply the collection to the selected pictures.

3. A Keyword-Cloud or a list with the recent used Keywords would be the biggest time saver.

All points together would improve my worklflow immense/very much.

Thank you for your request.  I read it before when you posted it on December 16, 2014.

We read all feature requests.  We do not however, implement all feature requests that are made.

Your requests are certainly reasonable, though I do not know at this time how straightforward they would be to implement.

Our priority at this time is fixing bugs found in Photo Mechanic 6 and reading Photo Mechanic Plus for the April 22 beta.

-Kirk