Author Topic: Issue with crop tool in PM6  (Read 14204 times)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Issue with crop tool in PM6
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2019, 10:11:19 AM »
I've got a similar problem with PM6 (on MacOS 10.12.6 Sierra, PS & LR CS6 - the last non CC-Versions both).
I installed the new version, checked the preferences (which seam to be adopted / used from previous PM5 installation) and then just opened some of my older picture-folders as contact sheets. The crops, which had been made in LR and where shown regular in PM5 are corrupted / false.

As this was a direct and major error/bug I saw, I've not gone on to test / use PM6.

Screenshots attached with the correct display in PM5 and the incorrect crops in PM6. Reminds me of a bug with the crop tool in one of the earlier builds of PM5, but I don't remember when this was fixed or what has been the issue..

Can you get me one RAW file (CR2) and its XMP sidecar file for my testing?

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2019, 12:05:35 PM »
Thanks for the sample files.  Here is how they render on my macOS system (macOS 10.11.6) with PM6...

Are they correct?

Offline aow_de

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2019, 12:13:59 PM »
Thanks for the sample files.  Here is how they render on my macOS system (macOS 10.11.6) with PM6...
Are they correct?
Yes, these crops are the original ones. Mysterious...

Offline aow_de

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2019, 01:01:31 PM »
Tried again, all caches deleted and even used a new cache location - still the same issue with all my old raw files... The crop is wrong when the raw-files are rendered for the contact-sheet and they are also wrong applied when viewing the pictures in full-screen.
I don't have a solution, as it works fine with PM5 and my configuration (under MacOS 10.12.6).

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2019, 01:12:01 PM »
Tried again, all caches deleted and even used a new cache location - still the same issue with all my old raw files... The crop is wrong when the raw-files are rendered for the contact-sheet and they are also wrong applied when viewing the pictures in full-screen.
I don't have a solution, as it works fine with PM5 and my configuration (under MacOS 10.12.6).

Can I see your IPTC/XMP Preferences?  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG format screenshot.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline aow_de

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2019, 01:20:50 PM »
Can I see your IPTC/XMP Preferences?
I had already posted them here - answer #14 of this thread. First screenshot show my old PM5 settings, the 2nd one are the new PM6 Preferences...

Offline fabianlujan

• sports photographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2019, 04:35:12 PM »
Same here. On PM5 I did the crops editing with Adobe Camera Raw (editing jpg). The crop was applied, saved, back to PM5 and the contact sheet displayed the crop outline on every thumbnail.
Now with PM6, I can't see the crop outline.

Offline fabianlujan

• sports photographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2019, 10:40:15 AM »
Same here. On PM5 I did the crops editing with Adobe Camera Raw (editing jpg). The crop was applied, saved, back to PM5 and the contact sheet displayed the crop outline on every thumbnail.
Now with PM6, I can't see the crop outline.

It seems like the crop fix on the last update is doing the job.
Now I see the cropping done into ACR once I return to the contact sheet.
Thanks!

Offline kenjack

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2019, 10:30:26 AM »
Hi

I have been a regular and frequent user of PM5. I am trying PM6 on the 30-day trial. Running Windows 10 64-bit.
I am not as technical as some of the others on this thread so will state my problem simply and hope there is simple help!

I have cropped images successfully using PM6. But I now find that (using a mouse, which I always do) when I pull out the corner of the crop box, holding down the left mouse key, when I release the key the crop disappears. Usually when the key is released it does of course set the crop, which one can then save. This effectively means the programme is useless to me, but I'm sure there must either be a bug, or a solution which hopefully can be fix this.

Thanks, Ken

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2019, 11:01:59 AM »
Ken,

I have been a regular and frequent user of PM5. I am trying PM6 on the 30-day trial. Running Windows 10 64-bit.
I am not as technical as some of the others on this thread so will state my problem simply and hope there is simple help!

I have cropped images successfully using PM6. But I now find that (using a mouse, which I always do) when I pull out the corner of the crop box, holding down the left mouse key, when I release the key the crop disappears. Usually when the key is released it does of course set the crop, which one can then save. This effectively means the programme is useless to me, but I'm sure there must either be a bug, or a solution which hopefully can be fix this.

We will be releasing an update to PM6 next week that addresses a number of issues related to metadata not saving when it should.  It will very likely fix your issue.

-Kirk

Offline carlseibert

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2019, 02:25:41 PM »
Hi,

In case this helps.....

I noticed that soft crops appear only on images that open in the Adobe RAW component in Photoshop, but images that open directly in Photoshop don't seem to have soft crops available.

And, of course, you can only see the soft crop once you have selected the crop tool in Adobe RAW.

In Lightroom Classic CC, the soft crop is available as soon as you select the crop tool.

Offline Emre Oktay

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2019, 03:18:56 AM »
Hi

I'm running PM6 trial version on MacOS Mojave and have a problem with crop tool. I'm a sports photographer and send my pictures to an ftp server. When I crop an image on PM6 and send it to ftp, crop doesn't apply on some of the pix and it does this randomly, there is no pattern. I wonder if this issue is fixed since I'm running  a trial version and can not update the software.

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2019, 04:10:21 AM »
I'm not sure if this issue has been fixed, but you should be able to update even if you're in your trial period.
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline Emre Oktay

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2019, 06:00:59 AM »
Thanks Hayo. Software update option in the app doesn't work but I've done it manually.