Author Topic: Ran Install of Version 6 but can't find it on Windows 10  (Read 1885 times)

Offline ejatpa

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Ran Install of Version 6 but can't find it on Windows 10
« on: March 25, 2019, 08:37:48 AM »
I just downloaded and ran the install for Version 6.  I am currently running Version 5 build 19742.  After running the install I can't find version 6 to try it out.  I looked in the Windows directory for Program Files and Program x86 files and I only see PM 5.

How do I get PM 6 to run?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Ran Install of Version 6 but can't find it on Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 08:49:52 AM »
For a problem like this, I suggest contacting our support folks at:

By email: support@camerabits.com

By phone: +1 503.547.2800 option 2

Hours: Mon-Fri, 9:00am-5:00pm [PST/PDT]

Offline ejatpa

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2019, 12:33:40 PM »
Ok, thanks.  I'll do that.

Offline Doug

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2019, 11:59:11 AM »
Just a FYI....

I had this exact problem in the last 30 minutes. (Windows 10)  Even though the program appeared to be in the Program Files folder, with the new icon, it kept opening as PM5. The Icon on screen was also still PM5.

I went to Settings and Add/Delete programs and both versions were there so deleted both and downloaded PM6 again. All good now and opened properly.

(BTW, problems I had with Twitter uploads and my IPTC fields missing tabs which I spent weeks trying to resolve last year seem to have been resolved by the upgrade so happy camper here !!! )

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2019, 12:21:45 PM »
Just a FYI....

I had this exact problem in the last 30 minutes. (Windows 10)  Even though the program appeared to be in the Program Files folder, with the new icon, it kept opening as PM5. The Icon on screen was also still PM5.

I went to Settings and Add/Delete programs and both versions were there so deleted both and downloaded PM6 again. All good now and opened properly.

(BTW, problems I had with Twitter uploads and my IPTC fields missing tabs which I spent weeks trying to resolve last year seem to have been resolved by the upgrade so happy camper here !!! )

We can't understand how that is possible.  If you ever get that to happen again, please contact us so that one of our techs can do some investigation.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Graham1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2019, 05:28:19 PM »
Maybe you clicked on the wrong icon?  If you have the PM5 icon on the Taskbar, this is not updated, and if you click this you will still get PM5, but if you click the new icon for PM6 on the Desktop, you will get PM6.

Graham
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 09:02:50 AM by Graham1 »