Author Topic: Beta ideas  (Read 4711 times)

Offline widphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Beta ideas
« on: April 02, 2007, 03:40:20 PM »
Kirk, thanks for all your help previously, it must be hard to field all of these suggestions and user wishes while still trying to get a product out the door. Ill try to be brief...

-add menu driven support to access the "i" (iptc info) window in addition to thumbnail links
-reformat iptc info window to allow for vertical scrolling keyword field, make it larger for editing as this is the only place to edit existing keywords, right?
-when using structured keywords panel, one cannot temporarily hide the panel without putting it away, can we allow contact sheet to come forward on click? SKP always stays in foreground, and robs screen area all the time, would be nice to toggle back and forth with a click.

Russ

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Beta ideas
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 04:35:25 PM »
Russ,

Kirk, thanks for all your help previously, it must be hard to field all of these suggestions and user wishes while still trying to get a product out the door. Ill try to be brief...

Indeed, it is. ;)  But generally I manage to do it during the times that my computer is busy compiling PM...

Quote from: widphoto
-add menu driven support to access the "i" (iptc info) window in addition to thumbnail links

You can simply press the 'i' key when you have a single photo selected.  Easier than typing Command-Shift-I or something like that.

-reformat iptc info window to allow for vertical scrolling keyword field, make it larger for editing as this is the only place to edit existing keywords, right?

You can edit them in the Edit Keywords... dialog.  The existing keywords are in the left column, and the master list is in the right column.

-when using structured keywords panel, one cannot temporarily hide the panel without putting it away, can we allow contact sheet to come forward on click? SKP always stays in foreground, and robs screen area all the time, would be nice to toggle back and forth with a click.

It is a Utility window.  Utility windows always float above other windows.  I would have to make it be the kind of window with the taller title bar.  Some folks would be upset that the panel could disappear behind their contact sheets...

Thanks for the feedback,

-Kirk