Author Topic: Zoom on focus point  (Read 6736 times)

Offline drmrbrewer

• View Profile
Zoom on focus point
« on: April 03, 2007, 01:25:13 AM »
I'd find it useful to have the option of having PM automatically zoom in on the focus point used at the time of shooting, e.g. for quick evaluation of focus without having to scroll around at 100% to find what should be in focus.  This would clearly only be useful in situations where you're not recomposing before shooting all the time, but -- knowing the limitations -- I would find it a useful option to have.  Might be difficult to provide cross-camera support for this function; I don't know how the information is stored in the files.

Mike

P.S. forgive me if something like this has already been implemented; I'm working with version 4.3.8.

Offline SamFrost

• View Profile
    • Sam Frost Photography
Re: Zoom on focus point
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 03:48:19 AM »
If you Command-click a point in the photo while in Preview mode it will zoom to that point, using the currently set zoom level (on a Mac - I don't know the keyboard shortcuts on a PC).  I tend to leave the zoom set to 100% so it gives a quick and easy way to zoom to exactly where you want in the photo.

Offline drmrbrewer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 01:52:47 PM »
OK, that must be an enhancement in a verson later than 4.3.8, because Ctrl-clicking does nothing for me with 4.3.8.  In any case, I'd still find it useful to have the option of automatically zooming in (at the current zoom level) on the focus point, so you wouldn't have to touch the mouse and the Ctrl/Cmd key (at least where no recomposing was going on) to reach the part of the image you want to be in focus.

Mike

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 03:18:14 AM »
I prefer using Num Pad * for zooming since I started using an additional USB Numeric Keypad it is quite fast and handy.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com